My entry for the Guitar Messenger Contest (AxFx2 + DC700)

kengtin

Hi folks,

I haven't posted in a while so I thought sharing this would be a good way to resume communication :p

I proudly entered this contest using my Axe Fx II and
Carvin DC700. What do you think? Constructive feedback is always appreciated !!!

Thanks in advance and enjoy

Last edited:
Very Cool! (O Ya string skip those arps :) )
love the carvin, and I love your lead tone which amp model are you using here?
(Patch would be nice or at least amp/cab info?)

Thanks everyone for watching !!

Very Cool! (O Ya string skip those arps :) )
love the carvin, and I love your lead tone which amp model are you using here?
(Patch would be nice or at least amp/cab info?)

It's a slightly modified version of the stock Euro Crunch patch (I love it, it's great for almost any style). I added a tube screamer before the amp and balanced both drives just to get an tiny extra bite and disabled the delay and reverb. I added the delay you hear directly in the DAW, that's it, the tone comes straight from the Axe, no post-EQ. Axe Fx 2 rulezz !!

To my shame, the patch I used is still v8.0 that's why I didn't post it, but I can do it tonight if you guys don't mind the ancient version :p I promised myself I'd move to v10 after I finished my next video (another one), hopefully that'll happen by the end of this week.

Thanks again !!

Thanks for your supportive comments folks.

I've lost interest in this kind of contest, once I got the rules clear it turns out that it's all about getting as many votes as possible to make it to the finals, only then will the panel review the work. In short, it's all about being the most popular and not necessarily the most talented... well...

Anyway, I promised I'd share the "Euro Crunch" patch I used as soon as I had the v10 version and here it is. I kind of like my original v8 a bit better but no big deal. Here's both of them:

View attachment Euro Crunch Lead - v8.syx
View attachment Euro Crunch Lead - v10.syx

Cheers...

The absolute only thing I would suggest is making your lead stand out just ever so slightly above the backing track. On the lower note passages, it got a tad mudded up and disappeared a little. Great playing and great tone though!

The absolute only thing I would suggest is making your lead stand out just ever so slightly above the backing track. On the lower note passages, it got a tad mudded up and disappeared a little. Great playing and great tone though!

Thanks for the feedback. It was actually not sounding too bad when I referenced it through my FRFR's and monitoring headphones but I agree, while the v8 version of that patch works great on the high registers it loses definition on the lower ones, especially 7th string and below.

Saw this over on the Carvin forum yesterday I believe, awesome stuff! How do you like the DC700? That spalted top is beautiful, I'm looking into getting one in the next few months and was wondering what you thought of the pick-ups and wood combo. Outstanding playing by the way!

Saw this over on the Carvin forum yesterday I believe, awesome stuff! How do you like the DC700? That spalted top is beautiful, I'm looking into getting one in the next few months and was wondering what you thought of the pick-ups and wood combo. Outstanding playing by the way!

Thanks for the compliment bro...

I can't say enough good things about this axe. In person the top looks gorgeous and the whole build quality is outstanding. You might wanna check my YouTube channel since I have a couple videos with this one and a full song with the DC800. It's a good almost direct comparison between the two since both have the same material specs (except the top of course) and the A80, A70 pickups. My next one will probably be swamp ash body with walnut/maple neck.

Needless to say they both sound awesome through the Axe Fx II, in the videos you'll probably hear the axes through 5-6 different amp models, I liked them all.

Here's a picture post for close ups: https://www.facebook.com/schong.ktp/posts/330708213724983

Cheers!
Sergio

Back
Top Bottom