My Drive blocks [Yek]

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
Modeled Drive types in the Axe-Fx (overdrives, distortion etc.) have always been the subject of discussion. Whether they are accurate or not, whether the controls are authentic or not, which ones are missing, etc. etc.

Well, I like 'm. I have my favorites*. And a couple I do not care for, just because.

We do not have > 200 Drive models yet, so it wasn't hard to dedicate a preset to each Drive model in my XL. Set to the way I like it with a certain amp tone. Tweaking is "authentic", I tend to stick to the controls present on the original modeled drive.

Those presets are attached. They are simple: Drive block (X/Y), one clean Amp block, one dirty amp block, stock Cab, hi-quality room reverb.

Scene 1 always is the Drive (X) with a clean amp tone (AMP 1: Morgan).
Scene 2 always is the Drive (Y) with a slightly dirty amp tone (AMP 2: Friedman BE).

Of course it's a matter of taste mainly, so what I like may not work at all for you.

Firmware 17.03. Presets created on the XL. Download XL Presets

Drive models sound best when played loud! :)

* Favorites: 3-knob Tube Driver; AC Booster; BB; SD-1; FET Boost; SDD preamp; Fuzz Face; Tone Bender; Octavia; Tape Dist; Tubescreamer; Fulldrive; Zendrive.

driveslist.png

Last edited:
Awesome!! Yek for President!!

Modeled Drive types in the Axe-Fx (overdrives, distortion etc.) have always been the subject of discussion. Whether they are accurate or not, whether the controls are authentic or not, which ones are missing, etc. etc.

Well, I like 'm. I have my favorites. And a couple which I do not like, just because.

We do not have > 200 Drive models yet, so it wasn't hard to dedicate a preset to each Drive model in my XL. Set to the way I like it with a certain amp tone. Tweaking is "authentic". I tend to stick to the controls present on the original modeled drive.

Those presets are attached. Simple presets: Drive block (XY), two Amp blocks, stock Cab, hi-quality room reverb.

Scene 1 always is the Drive (X) with a clean amp tone (Morgan).
Scene 2 always is the Drive (Y) with a slightly dirty amp tone (Friedman BE).

Of course it's a matter of taste mainly, so what I like may not work at all for you.

Firmware 17.03. Presets created on the XL. Download XL Presets

P.S. Drive models sound best when played loud! :)

driveslist.png

Reactions: yek
Yes, good question, because that makes a lot of difference.

I played single coils when dialing in these blocks.

Back
Top Bottom