My debut single 'Luminescence' is now available! Video playthrough too + Patches!

Sean Ashe

Power User
Hey everyone! I'm proud to present my debut single 'Luminescence', now available for 'Pay What You Want' at Sean Ashe.Bandcamp.com & a 'playthrough' uploaded to my youtube channel as well (link below).

I'm really happy with how this song turned out and I hope you all dig it! Of course, all guitars were using the Axe FX II, and I've uploaded my main lead patch to Axe Change for all of you cool people \m/

Composition, Guitars, Drum Programming, Piano, other instruments etc were done by me
Bass Guitar recorded by session bassist Vinny Svoboda (reamped with Axe FX and EZmix2)
Mixing &Mastering was done by myself as well.

For those wondering about gear:

Electric guitar - 1992 Ibanez RT650 w/ Bareknuckle Black Dog (Bridge), Irish Tour (middle) and VHII (neck) pickups.
Acoustic guitar - Martin (sorry, not sure of the model!) into Axe FX Fishman Aura IRS (jumbo 4)
Drums - Toontrack's "The Roots"

Here's the patch: Axe-Change - Download Preset - Luminescence Lead - Sean Ashe - by Sean Ashe

All software instruments are actually stock Logic Pro X, very impressed with them!!!

Again, I hope you all enjoy it, and feel free to share it amongst your friends/networks etc, as any and all support is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Sweet as a nut :encouragement:

You could have given the guitar a clean though...

;)

On a purely personal level, I much prefer vocals in songs as opposed to just purely instrumental, but hey :)

Sweet as a nut :encouragement:

You could have given the guitar a clean though...

;)

On a purely personal level, I much prefer vocals in songs as opposed to just purely instrumental, but hey :)

haha I noticed that after I filmed, I usually do but must have forgotten.

And that's fair enough, to be honest I don't listen to much instrumental stuff, but still made sure this was a song. I really dislike when guitarists put out tunes that just sound like its soloing on a backing, so my aim was to make it a full composition where every part lead or not, has a role :) Glad you enjoyed it!

Well if you ever want to do a trans-Atlantic collaboration, I'll happily warm up the vocal chords :encouragement:

Hell, when Cliff finally perfects the 'holographic internet musician' firmware update, I'll even play rhythm and we'll gig this stuff!

Well if you ever want to do a trans-Atlantic collaboration, I'll happily warm up the vocal chords :encouragement:

Hell, when Cliff finally perfects the 'holographic internet musician' firmware update, I'll even play rhythm and we'll gig this stuff!

haha! I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Get to work cliff! ;)

Great playing and tone Sean! Thanks so much for sharing the patch!! :)

BTW, what is wrapped around the nut of your guitar?? I've seen these on other videos, but not sure what it is? Will it make me play faster?? :D

Great playing and tone Sean! Thanks so much for sharing the patch!! :)

BTW, what is wrapped around the nut of your guitar?? I've seen these on other videos, but not sure what it is? Will it make me play faster?? :D

Thanks man!!

It's a thing called a 'Fretwrap' by a company called Gruv Gear. It's used as a mute, so either for just the behind the nut string noise, or to slide up during intricate playing to make sure it's clean. I actually haven't really used it, but it's a good utility for recording if you want to get something VERY clean where otherwise it may be near impossible. I used to just use a hairtie, same result really but this is a bit more easy to slide on/off

Awesome composition. Really clean, well designed melody, and superb bend control. And the ending is perfect as well. A+!!!!!!!

First off, great stuff. Kudos for the production, playing, video, etc. It's so hard to get it all together and you do a great job consistently which just isn't easy.

Like a couple other folks, I lean towards preferring vocals, but I do love Tim Pierce's instrumental CD Guitarland. It's a high bar, but I figure if you can get in that vein, it's a great goal. Satch & Vai are on and off with tracks/cds, but on Tim's cd, every track is fantastic.

Also, thanks for sharing the patches and information. You're so generous to the community.

Back
Top Bottom