My debut instrumental song THE DIVE

Matoshi

Inspired
Dear Fractallions,

I'm super proud to present you THE DIVE:

Inspired by Luc Besson's 1988 movie Le Grand Bleu, the song tells the tale of a free diver's preparation, dive and resurfacing (or maybe not? ;)).

THE DIVE
written and performed by Borna Matosic
MATOSHI MUSIC
produced by Philipp Knaak at BRIGHT ROOM STUDIOS
Bright Room Studios

All guitars are 100% Axe-FX II FW10 going direct to Pro Tools! I used the ODS-100 Clean & Brit Super through Redwirez IRs from the BIGBox pack.

I wrote and performed the song making heavy use of the "Guitar Resonator" by Vibesware, a novel kind of sustainer that really gave this track a unique vibe. If you've been to The Lounge lately, you might have seen the thread about my Guitar Resonator review video in which the song was featured. Since I'm very happy with the outcome of THE DIVE, I thought it would be a good idea to give it a video of its own :)

As you can hear in the song, I like feedback, so please don't hesitate to give me yours! :mrgreen

Loved the intro. The rest was kind of standard fare for new age stuff done with guitar - or just at all, if you change the accompaniment.

Loved the intro. The rest was kind of standard fare for new age stuff done with guitar - or just at all, if you change the accompaniment.

Thanks for listening and your feedback! Cool that you liked the intro so much! :) I guess you found the rest too ordinary chord-wise?

Loved your tone! Excellent production in general, as well. Gonna need to check out that sustainer, too.... :D

Thank you for the nice words! I'm very happy with the tone myself. :) And that's from two firmwares ago :shock
And I absolutely recommend the Guitar Resonator. I feel like my guitar was unchained when I got mine! :encouragement:

I may be the only person here who also saw that movie in the theater (for once a direct translation as 'The Big Blue' here in the US). Very odd movie, and I thought you called the vibe very well. Nice work.

Hey friends,

sorry for the delayed response, I'm currently on vacation in the USA and just now got the chance to sit down and check the internet ;)

Absolutely loved it !!! awesome sound and awesome song :)
Thanks!! Great that you liked it so much! :) I had a lot of fun tweaking the guitar tones for this one ;)

I may be the only person here who also saw that movie in the theater (for once a direct translation as 'The Big Blue' here in the US). Very odd movie, and I thought you called the vibe very well. Nice work.
Thank you! :)
Oh yeah, "odd" is a good description for that movie. I loved the soundtrack and visuals and the atmosphere in general, but there was some strange stuff going on. Did you see the director's cut? That was even more bizarre ;)

Very cool.

Thx!! :)

I enjoyed this composition. I don't think it's ordinary at all. Great sounds and unique ideas and textures. Great work! Thanks for sharing!

I enjoyed this composition. I don't think it's ordinary at all. Great sounds and unique ideas and textures. Great work! Thanks for sharing!

I'm glad to hear that, thank you for listening and posting your thoughts! :encouragement:

Fantastic ……please can you give me the patch please.
Thanks man! I would love to give you the patch, but since I'm on vacation far away from my Axe for three more weeks, I'm afraid you would have to wait a bit for it. :) Additionally:

you'd probably need to buy the IRs from Redwirez even if he gave you the work he put in to make his preset.

Chris is right. To make the preset work, you'd need the BIGBox pack from Redwirez and create the IR based on my mix recipe (it's a complex mix BTW :D ). And it is a rather strange IR mix, very trebly with lots of presence, so I don't think replacing it with a stock IR will work well with the amp settings that I dialed in.

Back
Top Bottom