My custom AX8 workstation ;)

TFC

Inspired
I'm not a fan of using a computer and AX8 Edit to edit my AX8. I prefer to work directly on the unit, since I don't bring a computer to gigs or rehearsals. Better to be familiar with how everything works than rely on a computer.

However, one drawback of not using a computer is that to make changes you need to bend down if the AX8 is on the floor. And I find that if I have the AX8 on my desk, it's a bit uncomfortable to look directly down on the AX8, to the point where it's more comfortable to stand over it. And who really wants to do that?

Fortunately, I am lazy enough to have found a solution:

stand_1.jpg

It's a Hercules acoustic guitar stand. And this is how it works:

stand_2.jpg

Now the AX8 is right at eye level and all the controls can be accessed effortlessly! If this helps just one other person, well, that would make two of us.

I'm not a fan of using a computer and AX8 Edit to edit my AX8. I prefer to work directly on the unit, since I don't bring a computer to gigs or rehearsals. Better to be familiar with how everything works than rely on a computer.

However, one drawback of not using a computer is that to make changes you need to bend down if the AX8 is on the floor. And I find that if I have the AX8 on my desk, it's a bit uncomfortable to look directly down on the AX8, to the point where it's more comfortable to stand over it. And who really wants to do that?

View attachment 31367

View attachment 31368

Now the AX8 is right at eye level and all the controls can be accessed effortlessly! If this helps just one other person, well, that would make two of us.

Everything about this post is 100% right.... Need to move this as a habit....Like you.... I dont bring a computer to the gigs!

I def have no problems using just front panel but there are somethings that apparently can only be done via edit. With that said. Very cool idea

Reactions: TFC
I do need to get more familiar with edits on the unit (besides saving adjustment knobs settings). Doing it on the floor is a pain. Good solution.

Here's my solution to the same problem. Some plastic wire mold is taped to the front top of the amp to capture the AX8's front feet and a block of styrofoam lifts the AX8 to an angle that makes it easy to adjust when I'm seated. A mission pedal on the floor completes the setup.

AX8_zpsop0tdivk.jpg~original

Danny W.

Here's my solution to the same problem. Some plastic wire mold is taped to the front top of the amp to capture the AX8's front feet and a block of styrofoam lifts the AX8 to an angle that makes it easy to adjust when I'm seated. A mission pedal on the floor completes the setup.

AX8_zpsop0tdivk.jpg~original

Danny W.

Which Crown amp is that? How do you like it?

That's a great idea!

Hope you don't have a cat :D

Ha! No cat or small children in the house. And as long as the AX8 doesn't smell like food or grow hands for scratching, the dogs will leave it alone. Regardless though, I put it on the floor when I'm not programming it.

View attachment 31367

View attachment 31368

I think you have a second career in marketing - good job ;-)

Which Crown amp is that? How do you like it?

XLS1500. I like it a lot--it has more than enough power to push those 4-ohm cabs and I've never heard the fan run. That being said, I use it only in the house, so I have no idea how it holds up on gigs.

Danny W.

I'm using one of these adjustable laptop stands when I want to edit directly from the Ax8:

81EPUap8x7L._SL1500_.jpg

Amazon product ASIN B00RQ3JQMM
It's nice, b/c you can simply angle it forward if you want (with a lot of options about how much to angle it), and/or raise the height. That let's you set it well for editing while sitting or standing. And the tray is almost the exact same size as the Ax8, so its a perfect fit. I highly recommend it!

Haha, awesome. I have this Hercules stand (because it's so portable) and would never have thought about using it this way. And it's solid too. Brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom