My covers band patches

Thanks for the reply simeon! I'm using an MFC-101 and I've mapped out the second row of IA's to Externals 3-7. I'll look under the I/O>midi page and check the default stage for them tonight. For some reason when I go to lead using EXT 6 and switch to your clean preset, those blocks stayed active when the patch was saved with them off. I'll need to keep messing with it then to figure out how to stop that from happening. Just thought I would ask you in case this was the way you intended the EXT's to behave when switching between presets. Thanks again!!

the default state is zero, or "off" for all externals. i would leave them that way.

i don't use PC RST set to on, i have it set to off, except on the wah. i like being able to change patches and have the ia stay on or off across whichever patch i change to, so if the chorus is on and i change patch, the chorus stays on. it's a bit like using a bunch of pedals i guess. if you change PC RST to on, then it will override this behaviour. i've just tested it and it seems to be the case. the effect will revert to it's saved state. my ia switches are "latching", so for me, this would mean that the switch and the effect would no longer "sync" - the effect would be off, but the switch would be on. just try it with one effect in one patch - change PC RST to "on". select another patch and hit that switch. then change back to the patch you just modified. the effect under that switch will now be "off".

hope that helps!

sim

Does anyone know exactly how to program the Behringer FCB 1010 (with Uno chip) to work with the externals. I just cannot work it out. Thanks for any help anyone.

Simeon:

Would you mind posting a pic of your MFC with all the external switches? What do you use for external switches....mission? Boss?

I use a Yamaha mfc10. When you press the "function" button, it brings up a bank of switches that you can assign however you want. I have the top five switches send out cc numbers 3 to 7.

I like your presets and your ideas and nice creations to switch parameters - a little bit adjustment and it works fine with my MFC-101 and 3 Expressions - thank you! :)

Does anyone know exactly how to program the Behringer FCB 1010 (with Uno chip) to work with the externals. I just cannot work it out. Thanks for any help anyone.

secondly, i have my external controllers set up like this...

external 1 - continuous control pedal for volume
external 2 - continuous control pedal for wah, formant filter, leslie rate etc
external 3 - switch for extra delay
external 4 - switch for chorus
external 5 - switch for rhythm gain boost
external 6 - switch for lead boost
external 7 - switch for phaser

this goes across all patches, unless otherwise stated. some switches may do more than one thing - the lead boost will usually increase gain, level, delay and reverb, for example

Could you please explain how this is done? What do I change on my Axe FX? Is it done by patch, and if so, how?

When I go to the CTRL page of my I/O I see that EXT CTRL 3 is set to a value of 18, so I need to set the CC of my midi pedal for that to 18, but how do I know this will then give me extra delay, where do I set this? Do I need to change it from 18?

thanks!

you just want the cc value of each controller in the axe fx (I/O page) to match the cc number of a switch on your midi pedal. remember that i have controller 1 and 2 set up for continuous pedals, not switches.

once that's done, then the five switches and two pedals will work as intended with my patches (and you can use them with your own patches). you can see what's assigned to what, by going through the patch and seeing where modifiers have been attached to parameters (this is easier in axe edit than it is from the front panel). some modifiers may be attached to several parameters, btw.

also bear in mind that these patches were created in an earlier firmware, so may not sound as intended with fw8.01. i posted them in June of this year, but i can't remember which was the current firmware then. if it was 7.x, then you'll probably be fine....if it was 6.x then they may not sound great

modifiers

you just want the cc value of each controller in the axe fx (I/O page) to match the cc number of a switch on your midi pedal. remember that i have controller 1 and 2 set up for continuous pedals, not switches.

once that's done, then the five switches and two pedals will work as intended with my patches (and you can use them with your own patches). you can see what's assigned to what, by going through the patch and seeing where modifiers have been attached to parameters (this is easier in axe edit than it is from the front panel). some modifiers may be attached to several parameters, btw.

also bear in mind that these patches were created in an earlier firmware, so may not sound as intended with fw8.01. i posted them in June of this year, but i can't remember which was the current firmware then. if it was 7.x, then you'll probably be fine....if it was 6.x then they may not sound great

Thanks, thats helped a lot. I am on firmware 6.02. Im not sure what you mean about modifiers attached to parameters, could you give me a more detailed example?

Thanks again.

Thanks, thats helped a lot. I am on firmware 6.02. Im not sure what you mean about modifiers attached to parameters, could you give me a more detailed example?

Thanks again.

Each and every setting in the Axe-Fx, whether it's a pot or a switch, is a parameter. Many of those can be controlled in some way. Modified. Either by a footswitch, a pedal, or some automated way like an lfo or how hard you pick or what note you play (roughly).
You do that by attaching an applicable modifier to the parameter. Like a pedal 'modifies' the frequency of the wah.

How that should be done can be found in the manual and the wiki. Lots more explanations there.

WOW can't believe I missed this thread.
I have been chasing your clean funk tones since I heard those Mogoose tracks you shared.
Will check tonight.

Thank you so so much.

anybody want these for 8.01?

shall i disconnect all the externals, or leave them in?

Simeon,
if you ask like this - I would love to give your presets a spin in V8.01. I'm especially interested in the funk-stuff you've been showing around in the other thread. Those presets sounded stellar! Great playin as well.

As I don't have a MFC-101 (yet), I think I would be better off with disconnected externals. I apologize for being greedy :D

Snoop

ok, if i get time, i'll do two versions - one with externals connected and one without

the funk stuff was done a long time ago, btw when i was using a triaxis...

Yes I would love for you to update these to 8.01 and keep externals disconnected!! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom