Wish My compendium for a better MFC-101 - hope on comments!

Morphosis

Official G66 Support
Preamble:

- My WISHes refer to the Software map described in the owner manual for FW 2.0X
- Most WISHes based on the fact, that some advantages of the [12.5.0 Axe-Fx Mode: NONE] are not available in [12.5.0 Axe-Fx Mode: II] and vice versa. And this gives me some headache!

- In fact i really hope, Matt would chime in and comment! ;)

- I know, this will be a "epic" post, but i really want to write it that way, hopefully to persuade you of the advantages and that these WISHes are reasonable!
- I try to adress only WISHes, i think they could be implemented, based on my understanding of the architecture of the MFC-101 (FW 2.02).
- My understanding of the generally architecture:
- AxeFX mode - II: MFC-101 is in SLAVE mode [-> MASTER = Axe-FX II]
- AxeFX mode - NONE: MFC-101 is in MASTER mode [-> SLAVE = Axe-FX II]
- IA-Switches & Internal CCs Commands are defined GLOBAL
- IA-Switches & INternal CCs ON/OFF states are defined per preset

[forgive my worse english, but i hope you can all follow my argumentations...]

Headache 1: Either i can have the Tuner displayed on the MFC [12.5.0 Axe-Fx Mode: II] OR i can give MFC-Presets specific Names [12.5.0 Axe-Fx Mode: NONE].

And here is why selecting AxeFX-mode is not solve my problem: If you want (or have to, because of CPU saving) use X/Y selection, first you have to press two buttons on the MFC: One for IA on/off, one for correspondending X/Y (=2 CCs). Secondly you have to know which setting is behind which X/Y state! Only in Preset-mode (AxFX mode=NONE) i can command 2CCs on one switch, right? Only here, i can programm for example a short and a long delay to X/Y and select by pressing ONE switch, the delay, i want to use! Also i don`t have to remind which Delay is on which X/Y state!
Yes, i can do it by "de-select" AxeFX mode for these IA Switches. Yes, i can programm by using [12.4.3 Axe-Fx Preset Transmit Map] current IA-states of one and the same Axe-FX Preset to different MFC-Presets, but I CANNOT GIVE THEM SPECIFIC NAMES, because of Name-Receiving from the Axe-Fx. But If i want to do that, i have to switch to [AxeFX mode = NONE] OR help me with the compromise using SONG Names... but this is far away from perfection ;)
Also i know, when Axe-FX ist the Master (=AxeFX mode), you have to save presets on the Axe (not on the MFC). But really: I won`t save 50x the same preset, just to rename them for different IA-states i could save within. Also you come into Paste&Copy Problems, when changes of the standard template must be done (ok, or use global slots...)

WISH 1: [12.4.7 IA Switch Axe-Fx Function:TUNER+TEMPO] (display Tuner on MFC panel) available for [12.5.0 Axe-Fx Mode: NONE]

Knowing that this sounds like a forbidden WISH because of a mixture of the MFC-101 AxeFX modes, i have to refer to the fact (in my understanding), that a mixture of Axe-Fx Modes is already implemented by setting [12.4.7 IA Switch Axe-Fx Function: NONE]. In this Case only selected IA-Switches leave the AxeFX mode and are handled like in [12.5.0 Axe-Fx Mode: NONE].
Note: Third Party Controllers can show the Tuner on their display. They always work in the mode like [12.5.0 Axe-Fx Mode: NONE]

AND / OR:

WISH 2: [12.5.0 Axe-Fx Mode: II]: Ignore received Axe-FX II Preset-Names and show MFC-101 Presetname (from correspondending Prest-Number)

Headache 2: On some correspodending Presets (= in fact a BANK) I want the [12.5.9 Global IA Switch Setup: YES], but not Global! This does not make sense! This is a command, which define the state of an IA. states becomes defined formally in PRESET-menue! The most useful case for this command is to change the Amp/cab-setup by selecting another preset with only different Amp/cab-setup. In fact you make the Pedalboard Effects states (on/off) independent from Amp-selection! I assume, that most User want this ability for their "Amp+ independent-Pedalboard - Setup". But not for all 384 Presets!

WISH 3: Replace [12.5.9 Global IA Switch Setup] from SETUP to PRESET [12.1.4 Preset Instant Access Switch States].
In this menue we define the on/off state. It would be nice, if we could expand the the on/off state to a "re-transmitt from current state": for example: select ON/OFF/RET

Headache 3: In the meanwhile you get a taste, why (for me) using AxeFX-mode = NONE can make really sense (especially because of FX BLOCK AND X/Y command on ONE IA =2CCs needed i get only in AxeFX NONE mode). But for sure, i want to keep the the information whether a specific IA has a correspondending FX Block (in the selected preset) or not. So i want the ability to programm the RED light status manually for Preset-Mode (=AxeFX mode-NONE):

WISH 4: NEW MENUE after [12.1.4b Preset Instant Access Switch OFF-light]

IASw XX OFF-LIGHT: NO/RED
Note: If it`s on: The green light comes up automatically, so we have only to define OFF state!

Last edited:
What I was expecting (hoping?) was that I would be able to use MFC-101 Presets and still retain the functionality of having the tuner display on the MFC-101 and the dynamic functions of the IA LEDs like in Axe-FX mode. Just having tuner and tempo available when not in Axe-FX mode would be great.

Back
Top Bottom