My Chemical Romance/ Disturbed style presets needed

Keith White

Experienced
I am working on Black Parade from My Chemical Romance and Down With The Sickness by Disturbed. This isnt my norm style of music. I have played more of 70s arena 80s hair and Disco. I can play these two songs dead on but can't get it to sound correct/ lacking the percussiveness and space in between the notes. I undestand a lot of it has to do with heavy compression, which I'm not too familiar with, to allow that space in between as well as muting. Any help would be deeply appreciated. Anyone with presets or the right compression block?

For Disturbed he is using something like a recto/5150 a LOT of gating and Fast you almost what it to chop of the sustain ,the gate is almost and effect itself ,he is scooping the mids to ,probably like a Diezel Herbert mid cut @ 400Hz

compression isn't what you're after, it's just a modern, (well modern at the time) high gain tone

Disturbed is definitely a Recto sound most of the time with a Les Paul. My Chemical Romance is an Orange sound with various different guitars... but they've changed their overall sound so many times I'm not sure which era you mean. The Na-Na-Na-Na period is all Orange.

The Black Parade era and before for the My Chem tones is all a JCM 800 - that's what the guys played almost exclusively for a reallllyy long time. As far as cabs, I'm pretty sure they always used marshalls live but you might want to give a recto a shot as I think that may have been what they used in the studio. But as far as the amp block goes, you cant go wrong with the JCM. Honestly shouldnt be that far off from the glam tones you're used to - just a little more *modern*

Back
Top Bottom