My buddy is at NAMM and the Fryette LXII is in the booth

I'm flying home right now.
I took an almost identical picture.
I took a picture of the back as well.

The rep I talked to for a while had zero info on a release date.
The two that were in that rack still looked like prototypes as all of the connections on the back we're labeled with a sharpie.
To be honest I was a little disappointed because they had nothing there to try the amp with.
I don't know why you would have a booth at namm if your products cannot be demoed.

For any amp guys....it looks like a bunch of amp builders are participating in a project to revive an amp module system like randall did. Saw some samples at Friedmans room.
All amp builders are building their own preamp models.....and fryette is building the amp chassis. (At least that's what the rep told me).
I know Friedman, fryette and bogner were on the list....

Friedman is also launching his own plug in of his amps.
The rep told me how it was going to be way better than the axe Friedman sims. I just bit my tongue and let him talk.

I hope it finally becomes a reality and lives up to it's "hopeful" expectations
attachment.php

Looking forward to the reviews but with the latest modelling advances in FW 17+ I'm not sure if they've missed the boat on this one. My Axe2/Matrix combo sounds and feels superb these days! couldn't ask for more (apart from G3 obviously....).

For any amp guys....it looks like a bunch of amp builders are participating in a project to revive an amp module system like randall did. Saw some samples at Friedmans room.
All amp builders are building their own preamp models.....and fryette is building the amp chassis. (At least that's what the rep told me).
I know Friedman, fryette and bogner were on the list....

Friedman is also launching his own plug in of his amps.
The rep told me how it was going to be way better than the axe Friedman sims. I just bit my tongue and let him talk.

Before the Axe I loved the idea of these boxes, will be interesting to see how they pan out! I love Salvation Mods clips on YouTube I've been a subscriber of their feed for quite some time :)

Reactions: BBN
I'm flying home right now.
I took an almost identical picture.
I took a picture of the back as well.

The rep I talked to for a while had zero info on a release date.
The two that were in that rack still looked like prototypes as all of the connections on the back we're labeled with a sharpie.
To be honest I was a little disappointed because they had nothing there to try the amp with.
I don't know why you would have a booth at namm if your products cannot be demoed.

I kind of agree, I also am not sure I'll be able to justify the 1399 price tag for one of these. I've got my ss Carvin sounding pretty good these days and I go direct too. However, I've been wanting this amp for quite awhile and definitely would like to try it out.

Looking forward to the reviews but with the latest modelling advances in FW 17+ I'm not sure if they've missed the boat on this one. My Axe2/Matrix combo sounds and feels superb these days! couldn't ask for more (apart from G3 obviously....).

I did not like the Matrix at all when I had it (I just don't get along with SS power anything)
I'm using my Axe FX II in 4CM mode with my JVM right now, I'd like to be to do more ....(and be satisfied with the results)
So far the only power amp I've had that came close was the Fryette 2/50/2
this Carvin I have right now is very.....meh, not terrible but not great either.
$1,399.00 is a bit on the high side for something that may have missed the boat.....I totally agree with you on that one.

I did not like the Matrix at all when I had it (I just don't get along with SS power anything)
I'm using my Axe FX II in 4CM mode with my JVM right now, I'd like to be to do more ....(and be satisfied with the results)
So far the only power amp I've had that came close was the Fryette 2/50/2
this Carvin I have right now is very.....meh, not terrible but not great either.
$1,399.00 is a bit on the high side for something that may have missed the boat.....I totally agree with you on that one.

Have you tried SS with v17.04? The dynamic improvements in particular mean that it comes alive with SS now. I've been happy with my tone for ages now but was missing a bit punch and cut to get through the band mix, v17 improved things no end.

I never got on with tube power amps though as I missed the ability to swap power amp modes and if they were left enabled then it was too harsh.

Back
Top Bottom