my best hi gain tone ever i'd say!

thanx dude, best result i've gotten so far,

the drums still sounds a tad fake tho

bass guitar is my dc800 downpitched in the axe 2 also

Are the ghost strokes on the snare machine gunning a bit? Try varying the velocities there a bit more, maybe?

Nice rhythm sound. I like the drums too.

i used FAS modern with 808 in front, (classic combo) ( i think cab was some german one)

i play with no pick so I add quite a bit of presence to the tone

I find the Kick is thumping a bit much. Not quite sitting in with everything else.

I have to agree with this one more then the snare. I am listening through a set of BX8A's and it is a bit dominating.

Great playing though.

-Nate

I have to agree with this one more then the snare. I am listening through a set of BX8A's and it is a bit dominating.

Great playing though.

-Nate

yeah i just reworked it (gonna upload better version when its more advanced)

i lowered it by 1.5 db and made it "spongier" with added room
also made the snare snapier

now i can finish the composition and show it to you guys in a couple of days!

thanx for your help!!

keep it comming!

nico

The first thing to say is, the guitars are great, good tone, good riffs, good playing. There's something not right with the drums as everyone agrees but it's no surprise as I've found this aspect to very challenging myself. It's hard enough to get the tune together without having to be a drummer too but it seems to me like the wrong drum kit has been selected, Have tried changing the kit ?, I'd say it sounds too acoustic if that makes sense. However like I said it's a great track.
Did you check out the Ola Englund drum tutorial on his website and Youtube ? it certainly ads 'beef' to the mix.

I would bring down two or three dBs on the kick at around 150 to 200 Hz. As for now it "jumps out of the speakers" compared to the rest of the mix.

thanx all for your input! i'll try playing around with different drum kits! and i'll ajust the kick to sit deeper in the track for sure!

ari- the patch is simple TS drive into FAS modern into german cab

precise setting wont help you since i play with no pic and with a different guitar...

honestly, the challenge is not to get a good guitar tone (hell some guy do it with an ipad, we got a 2500$ axe-fx 2!) it's to mix it into a tune and make all the instruments sound good!

thanx again for cheking it out and giving me advices!

Nico

honestly, the challenge is not to get a good guitar tone (hell some guy do it with an ipad, we got a 2500$ axe-fx 2!) it's to mix it into a tune and make all the instruments sound good!Nico

Exactly, so if it's been done before it can be done again, just keep at it and it will surely come.

Yeah, I'm going to have to go with what everyone else has been saying and it's not trying to be critical because it sounds so good right now, but the drums are the weakness. The playing and tone of the guitar is fantastic.

I wish that I knew more about mixing so I could give you something useful. I do think that the snare sounds pretty good now (I thought that you were crazy until I read that you had worked on it), but the cymbals are a bit too shrill sounding for me. Almost too harsh.

Like I said I wouldn't even say anything at all if it wasn't so damn close to being fantastic to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom