AFIII My band's new record - recorded with the Axe-FX III!

Hey guys, thought I'd share some props for Fractal and the Axe-FX family of gear here. My band, Static Pills, recorded our debut record almost entirely with the Axe-FX III. We did it all at home and the only microphones used were two Shure SM-7B mics for vocals. The Axe-FX III was KILLER and I even did an overdub on a guitar part that I did 6 months earlier with NO changes in sound - which would have been impossible in a physical recording environment.

The signal chain for guitars was as follows:

Guitar (Carvin DC150) -> Axe-FX III -> Chandler TG2-500 preamp -> Universal Audio Apollo 16 -> Cubase 11.

I spent a ton of time working out "my" sound before we committed anything, but once I got it dialed, it was that way for the whole recording. If I remember correctly, I was on firmware 13.06. The main rhythm guitars used a patch based on the JP-2C and leads were a mix of Atomica, Friedman and Diezel models. The cab model was an IR that I made myself with the Axe-FX III and Cab-lab based on my Marshall 1960AV and Peavey Tonemaster cabs. I'm happy to answer any questions about the gear or the process.

Here's a lyric video of one of the songs. We start iTunes presale this Friday 6/24 and we have CDs and vinyl getting pressed as well. Enjoy!

Awesome! Reminds me of the best parts of Sum41, if you know what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom