My band's new EP is done! First session I used the Axe II on. [ROCK]

Andrew Timothy

Inspired
I recorded guitars on these 2 songs back in December as a favor for a producer friend of mine. As fate would have it, a new band was formed out of the sessions...Empire Pursuit

Empire Pursuit | Facebook

I tracked all my parts through my (at the time) brand new Axe II. This was my first session with the Axe, and all the tones I used were pretty much stock presets with minor tweaks here and there. The other guitarist played through his Egnater Tweaker. See if you can pick out which is which ;)

By the way, our engineer still has a few tweaks to do, so the mix is only about 95% done.

Let me know what you think!

Sounds great. Seriously. A bit more pop oriented than an old guy like me would usually gravitate towards, but they're both really good songs and the production is really good IMHO. Of course I'm not a pro or anything, but if I heard them on the radio I wouldn't change the station which is a pretty good compliment.

And since this is just the first pass on the masters, I'm open to hearing your thoughts as far as the mix is concerned. So all you engineer types can feel free to chime in with mix suggestions...I just play guitar, so you won't hurt my feelings.

Great! I'm not an engineer so I'm not gonna say anything except "It sounds very studio'ish'". Sounds can be more 'open' on the vocals?? That could mean give the vocal more openness or push back the guitar bit? Take it or leave it since I don't even know what that means! Lol. :D :D

Now that I read it.... don't take my advice. LoLoL

Sounds great. Seriously. A bit more pop oriented than an old guy like me would usually gravitate towards, but they're both really good songs and the production is really good IMHO. Of course I'm not a pro or anything, but if I heard them on the radio I wouldn't change the station which is a pretty good compliment.

Tones and production are great. But it's sound like Paramore and all that stuff, just with a dude vocalist. Not bad, just not attention-getting.

Back
Top Bottom