My band... recording almost done, how the guitars sound?

fromthebark

Experienced
Right guitar is a Friendman BE2 I THINK (PRS VELA - STOCK BRIDGE PU)
Left Guitar is a Hook Lead. (G&L ASAT w/ BAREKNUCKLE PILEDRIVER BRIDGE PU)

No bass yet.

Let's see if the audience thinks we sound like what I think You will think we sound like. ;)

all our songs sound different btw. kinda zappaesque. this is just one of the heavy rock songs.

Guitars sound great! I would love to hear the version with bass, I get the impression it's going to be very faaaaat!!

Timing is a little off on some of the riffs, you might have to tighten that up a little. Or maybe with vocs and bass it won't be noticeable.

The song is cool. And the playing is pretty good. But sometimes the tone on the main guitar just sounds a little 'cheesy'. This seems to be a common problem with the AxeFx. It lacks warmth and vibe. Just my 2 cents.

I love the groove! And that gnarly sound is fantastic too. Im having QOTSA vibes with side of Clutch :)
Funny enough, I think the right guitar is Dweezils B-man.. Other side is a supro, cranked, with a fuzz... was trying to get close to that josh homme Ampeg tone he's got. You're on the nose.. I definitely wrote that after I listened to QOTSA. NONE of out other songs sound like that though ;) we're like qotsa, propagandhi, zappa, and umphrey's mcgee in a blender.
Thanks guys! :)
To the guy right above me, you MAY be right.. i wanted a fuzzier tone, but I still like a really tight sound. So it's hard for me to find that common ground.

Guitars sound great! I would love to hear the version with bass, I get the impression it's going to be very faaaaat!!

Timing is a little off on some of the riffs, you might have to tighten that up a little. Or maybe with vocs and bass it won't be noticeable.
fix it in the mix! :D - it's only pre production demo anyhows. The Hook with an esoteric acb is getting me closer these days, or even an ac20 12ax7 B cranked to hell breaks up so gnarly. I'm def gonna record the guitars about 9 times til im happy anyhow . that's just me..

Back
Top Bottom