My band playing at an ancient Roman amphiteatre. Guitar and Bass AxeFx

I'm rrally glad you liked it!
It was such a special day.
I'm now in Warsaw, I'll tell you on Monday when I get back how the production was made if you are interested. It was a lot of work but at the same time super home made, with friends and stuff. It was only because of everyone really put their hearts and illusion that it turned this way. :)

That was fantastic! Well done! I am very jealous! I always imagined what it'd be like being Gilmour at the amphitheater when I first saw the original floyd movie. It must have been magical!

Nicely done... :encouragement:

Wow...can't wait to get this home and watch on the big screen with the good speakers. Superb playing and tone. you really got the Gilmour vibe. Damn!

I love great musicianship and that was superb! A technical question: It was obviously windy. How did you keep the wind noise out of the microphones?

I'm giggling like a little schoolgirl that was so ridiculously good. That is the last Pink Floyd song I ever thought I would see someone try to cover, much less nail it so perfectly. (I didn't realize Ron Geesin the co-composer performed it with an ensemble a few years ago until I just looked it up).

I hate to say it, but I kind of like this version better. I think David, Roger, and Nick would be quite impressed, I know I am. I never gave that tune as much attention since it wasn't a completely original work, but it just works so much better in video form like this. The setting just gives it that extra element of credibility, you guys nail the Live at Pompeii vibe.

Back in Spain!
Mesaholic, there is actually wind low frequency noise, we could have high passed everything to skip it, but I kind of liked the raw sound, even with those imperfections (the walls delay is more evident than the wind, but I liked it too). You can clearly hear wind the second time the orchestra play by themselves, without the band.
The singers voice had a good high pass filter (quite high set, since it's a female voice and you don't miss anything), and that fixed the problem. You can hear the birds though. But we loved that. :)
About the chorale mics, they are set quite low in the wall, you can see them in some shots, so the wind didn't blow directly on them. Anyway, we added chorale audio from another take were they sung much closer to the mics, to have them more present.

I'm really glad you liked it. It's all super home-made, with friends, a super hard work day, but everyone gave everything they had inside, and actually the next day no one could even move. :-D

segobriga_team.jpg

SMILES. :)

Back in Spain!
Mesaholic, there is actually wind low frequency noise, we could have high passed everything to skip it, but I kind of liked the raw sound, even with those imperfections (the walls delay is more evident than the wind, but I liked it too). You can clearly hear wind the second time the orchestra play by themselves, without the band.
The singers voice had a good high pass filter (quite high set, since it's a female voice and you don't miss anything), and that fixed the problem. You can hear the birds though. But we loved that. :)
About the chorale mics, they are set quite low in the wall, you can see them in some shots, so the wind didn't blow directly on them. Anyway, we added chorale audio from another take were they sung much closer to the mics, to have them more present.

I'm really glad you liked it. It's all super home-made, with friends, a super hard work day, but everyone gave everything they had inside, and actually the next day no one could even move. :-D

Thanks for your explanation. Again, you guys did a marvelous job.

Back
Top Bottom