My axe manufacture worms

floydrose

Inspired
A sick trick I have a kind of worm in my axefx how is it happened here!

Never seen worms in me my axis is at the garage!

How me in free?

It is between the plastic facade and the digital display

?????????????

:-|:evil:evil:evil:evil

Last edited:
He's trying to say, lines across lcd screen. (I think lol)

Open axe remove lcd ribbon cables, reseat and all should be fine. Only open if warranty is already over, if not ask fractal how to proceed.

the picture

Attachments

• 20131208_191524.jpg
    20131208_191524.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 357
  • 20131208_191350.jpg
    20131208_191350.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 168
  • 20131208_191521.jpg
    20131208_191521.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 173
  • 20131208_191529.jpg
    20131208_191529.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 201
That's a new one.

I'd open it up, get in and see what's up. Obviously if mr. worm is in there, something somewhere allowed him to get in there. Is your Axe-FX II a Mark II? (*The Mark II's have small vent holes on the side). That'd be a possibility for mr. worm to gain access.

Was this purchased new recently? Used? How old is it? Where do you store it?

I've seen this same thing at self-service pay at the pump gas pumps. I'd imagine you need to get into the AxeFX and separate the glass from the LCD and scrap Mr. Worm out. Not sure if this is easy or advisable for you to do. I'd contact Fractal to see what the best solution is.

Way back when I got my ultra there was a piece of shipping foam, a bead of Styrofoam in my display.. I took it apart and blasted it with the air compressor and it blew out.

Right then folks there is a simple solution to this. If i remember correctly it goes something like:

There was an old lady who swallowed a dog,
she swallowed the dog to fix the axe,
to fix the axe that caught the bird,
that caught the bird to eat the worm,
that wiggled and tickled and tickled inside her!

So you need to catch a bird, and eat a dog, or something.

Don't tell Clarky I said this: He think's I'm an electronics engineer.

All joking aside, this isn't an easy fix as some pesticides destroy electronic devices. Hope you can get it sorted out.

This is an easy fix. Open the top, remove the worm and re-install the top.

It's December. He bought it in the spring. That's a long time. He stores it in his garage. This isn't rocket science. Kill the worm by removing him and crushing his little brain. Then... no more worm. Easy-peasey. Slay the beast!

I do seriously doubt that this is a result of manufacturing or assembly given the time since and where the OP stores this. Maybe it was on the ship from the US to Europe? French silk worm? I'm thinking he kills the monster and his days of worming his gear are over. ;)

Back
Top Bottom