My Axe Fx Standard now sounds dull, has very high low end, and has less drive than before.

nmyersjnk

I recently bought an Axe Fx Standard about a month or two ago because I had never had one. It has worked well, and I've been recording music with it lately; it's really nice for tracking demos of songs. Over the past few days, I've had this issue where every now and then, when I turn the Axe FX on, all of my presets will have less high end, way more low end, and all have less gain/drive to them. They sound like a blend between what they previously sounded like and a DI track. Previously, to fix this issue, if I turned my Axe Fx off, unplugged it, then replugged it in, the issue would be solved. This issue has become more and more common for me over the last two days, and as of last night, this trick to unplug and replug my Axe Fx no longer works.

I've tinkered around with settings to see if maybe I've accidentally bumped into a knob and button and globally tweaked something, but I don't think I have.
I've also tested all my cables, my guitar, and my DAW to see if the problem lied there, and it did not.

If anyone has experienced these issues before and could point me in the right direction for a solution, that would be much appreciated.
I have examples of this issue recorded; however, because I'm a new member, I cannot post links to my examples (I have yet to make 10 posts).
If you need more details on my issue, let me know. I'm happy to clarify my issue in the effort to get it resolved.

Thank you,
Nathan

Try testing with as few variables as possible to isolate the problem.

• Remove MIDI cables, expression pedals, digital IO
  • Attach Axe-FX direct to amplified speakers/monitor
  • Try Input 2 and Output 2
  • Try a different guitar - guitar pickup/ battery issues are a common cause

Try testing with as few variables as possible to isolate the problem.

• Remove MIDI cables, expression pedals, digital IO
  • Attach Axe-FX direct to amplified speakers/monitor
  • Try Input 2 and Output 2
  • Try a different guitar - guitar pickup/ battery issues are a common cause

Thank you for your help! I replaced my pick up battery in my guitar before because that sounded like the issue, and nothing changed. When I looked at it again just to double check, it turns out that the wires that are soldered to the internals of the guitar from the battery came loose.

I appreciate your help

Thank you for your help! I replaced my pick up battery in my guitar before because that sounded like the issue, and nothing changed. When I looked at it again just to double check, it turns out that the wires that are soldered to the internals of the guitar from the battery came loose.

I appreciate your help
Glad you’re up and rocking again. :)

Back
Top Bottom