My Axe FX (JCM 800) Video - Rebel Yell!

Sounds good. If you really wanted to go for broke you could program in the "laser gun" sound that Stevens used in the solo. Despite popular belief that he used a toy ray gun, he actually used a Lexicon PCM delay. A single, very short delay with a ton of depth and a pretty quick rate along with a mix rate of 100% would probably do the trick. It should be replicatable on the Axe-FX.

glenecho said:
Sounds good. If you really wanted to go for broke you could program in the "laser gun" sound that Stevens used in the solo. Despite popular belief that he used a toy ray gun, he actually used a Lexicon PCM delay. A single, very short delay with a ton of depth and a pretty quick rate along with a mix rate of 100% would probably do the trick. It should be replicatable on the Axe-FX.

Shucks. I was saving up for the ray-gun! :shock:

Sounds really good, man.

But kick your sound man in the ass and get some more GUITAR in the mix. We all know that is what's most important :lol:

Tubehead said:
glenecho said:

Steve Stevens uses a ray gun at the 03:00 mark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yregvl7Jvxw ?

march said:
Tubehead said:
glenecho said:

Steve Stevens uses a ray gun at the 03:00 mark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yregvl7Jvxw ?

I saw him live twice with BIlly Idol and I saw him use the raygun too. Its great! I also recently read an article with Steve where he says that those ray guns are gettint really hard to find now, so when he sees them, he is buying them in bulk!

Tubehead said:
glenecho said:

I saw him use the ray gun live! It sounded like the recording. I'd rather have the Ray gun ....me like props.

gag halfrunt said:
Sounds really good, man.

But kick your sound man in the ass and get some more GUITAR in the mix. We all know that is what's most important :lol:

Absofreakinglutely! The band sounds great Tubehead.

Great job - fun band to watch and hear.

I agree the mix on the video is quiet on the guitar... but what else is new? :D

Thanks for the comments on the video!

I just wanted to post this clip to let other see how my JCM800 patch sounded for me with my rig. The neat part about it is that it is a flexible patch and I can get it to sound differently by rolling off the guitar volume or loading the front end with a boost. This JCM800, Budda and Fender Blackface are my 3 go to patches.

Anyways, it is a good representation of how it sounds on stage. I hope it helps!

I have a PCM-41 and can do the raygun with it, the Lexicon guys helped me set it up.

I can post a pic of the setup if desired.

glenecho said:
Despite popular belief that he used a toy ray gun, he actually used a Lexicon PCM delay.
That's interesting. I've definitely seen him use a toy ray-gun live... (the way EVH uses a drill on 'Poundcake')

Back
Top Bottom