My Axe FX is on the way!

markmusicman

Experienced
Hello,
My name is Mark or markmusicman and I just wanted to say I just ordered my Fractal Audio FX II unit and am very excited. I have been playing guitar for 45 years and have been using the preamp model for developing my guitar sounds since the late 70s early 80s. Currently I am using an old Pearce Preamp that was designed by Dan Pearce in Buffalo NY along with various pedals and rack mount gear. Some people may have heard of these preamps as Billy Sheehan from the band Talas back in the day used the bass model. I have put a link to a video using my current setup if anyone would like to take a listen. Anyways now I am just waiting to purchase the MFC-101. I also purchased 3 of the mission pedals to go with the MFC-101 and cant wait to get it all setup. Fractal audio the best new Preamp /FX unit on the planet!

Jamming out using my Red Bear Pick! - YouTube

I remember seeing Billy in Talas many, many years ago. It was a great band. Spoke with him a few years ago after a B3 show and he is still a great guy. I have one of his Baritone guitars and it is killer.

Anyway, congrats on the Axe. My advice -> read the manual TWICE before it arrives.

Thanks I will read the manual I am a computer type guy so I like to learn what all the internal controls do! Now just cant wait to order the MFC!

Back
Top Bottom