My Axe-Fx III stopped working! What to do ? :( [SOLVED]

I would hope that only applies to warranty repairs. I can't imagine that if a touring artist from the US has a problem overseas, they'd be told they have to fly home to get a repair done....?
Problably fractal artists would get the support without any problems..

Ok, I do understand that warranty thing, but I can't understand why they don't want to repair that axe for money.

Ok, I do understand that warranty thing, but I can't understand why they don't want to repair that axe for money.

There must be some kind of misunderstanding here. It makes absolutely no sense that you cannot pay for a repair at G66 no matter where in the world the unit comes from. I would call them after the holidays.

BTW...have you tried to disconnect everything, including usb and external controllers?...then make a fresh preset and test it with headphones only.

There must be some kind of misunderstanding here. It makes absolutely no sense that you cannot pay for a repair at G66 no matter where in the world the unit comes from. I would call them after the holidays.

BTW...have you tried to disconnect everything, including usb and external controllers?...then make a fresh preset and test it with headphones only.
yes I did, It is for sure hardware issue.

Do I understand correctly that it's only the headphone output that's broken? Do you still have sound from the normal outputs?

Did you purchase the unit in the US or in Europe? They are all "from the US", but as I understand it, G66 can only service the units that were originally sold in Europe.

Did you purchase the unit in the US or in Europe? They are all "from the US", but as I understand it, G66 can only service the units that were originally sold in Europe.
I bought it in EU second hand. I bought it in Poland, I didn't investigate where it was bought oryginaly. Which right now, makes me a thief or something IDK, becouse I can not even buy parts from g66 to repair it myself...

I bought it in EU second hand. I bought it in Poland, I didn't investigate where it was bought oryginaly. Which right now, makes me a thief or something IDK, becouse I can not even buy parts from g66 to repair it myself...

You are not a thief! You are an honest bloke buying it second hand. I do it all the time since I am living way overseas ALL my fractal purchases has been via a friend or off reverb. Oh yes, my heart is pounding every time I do a FW upgrade and I am praying for everything to work properly.

Fortunately enough, everything has worked fantastically for me so far and I would guess only a tiny fraction of the products would be faulty... Fingers crossed it works out for you

They will not repair it if my unit is from USA..
View attachment 61518
This is from my facebook conversation,
I'm 60 % sure that my unit is from usa
This is the part that is confusing. Did you tell them that you bought a used unit? The warranty shouldn’t even be an issue. But why would you say that you are 60% sure your unit was originally purchased in the USA?

You just need a Input/Phones board. You can order one from the U.S. but we don't ship overseas so you'll need to arrange a forwarder. I am disappointed G66 won't work with you.
Ohh finally someone that acctually want to help. Thank you !
I will try to convince g66 to sell me this part, to not bother anyone in US.
To all of you gus I assume that this is from USA because as far as I remember G66 did not have my serial numer in their system, when I asked them some time ago.
I bought it used from guys from poland and I truly didn't know about this whole policy and that there could be some tax fraud. If you guys can prove that someone that bought this unit from USA and imported it to EU, didn't pay the VAT, import tax etc. I'm willing to pay all of it.
I'm not tax fraudster and I have never thought to do something like that. I simply didn't know !
I'm long time fractal user, I promote this stuff on internet (for example my YT account:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZN7jOLDj49eMiLqQk__lAg?view_as=subscriber)
Thank you !

Well, that's saddening where private person owning flagship product - which is probably used for private, not commercial purposes - is struggling with getting support for small replacement.

Wishing you the best man, hoping to see your Axe FX3 well soon!

To all of you gus I assume that this is from USA because as far as I remember G66 did not have my serial numer in their system, when I asked them some time ago.
I bought it used from guys from poland and I truly didn't know about this whole policy and that there could be some tax fraud. If you guys can prove that someone that bought this unit from USA and imported it to EU, didn't pay the VAT, import tax etc. I'm willing to pay all of it.
I'm not tax fraudster and I have never thought to do something like that. I simply didn't know !
I'm long time fractal user, I promote this stuff on internet (for example my YT account:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZN7jOLDj49eMiLqQk__lAg?view_as=subscriber)
Thank you !
One suggestion, if you absolutely need the use of headphones, and cannot resolve the jack or board issue.
Purchase an inexpensive headphone amp. You can come from one of the back line outs into the amp and then plug your phones into it. I had to do that to a previous model I had. I use the Rolls PM55P, (there are cheaper models).

Thank you !

You mean the owner ... yes, it sounds like you have the ultimate support. 😃

Hope you’re up and running shortly!

Back
Top Bottom