My Axe FX III Mark V Setup

Hypieran

Right now running 4cm into my Mark V 35 with a 1x12 V30 Cab. Trying to use a few scenes on one preset to switch between Mark V distortion for lead and rhythm. Channel 2 Mark IIc+. Then switch to using the poweramp of the Mark and use a Jc120 for clean. I got it working correctly. Just my midi is being a pain which I posted elsewhere. Anyhow once I get it switching correctly with a controller I like it so far. I might go for a FRFR. I just really like my Mark V.

Attachments

• 20230111_141638.jpg
    20230111_141638.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 70
Brings back good memories, in my case it was an Axe Fx 2 and a Mesa boogie Mark IV

However my experience with 4 cable started with the Mesa Mark IV with the Axe Fx standard

Last edited:
I used to use the Axe 3 with my MKV35. Are you using a midi switcher like an RJM Mini Amp Gizmo? I always used to use one with that setup. I remember needing a special RJM cable that would plug into he amp's foot switch jack and the into the Mini Amp Gizmo and I'd have to setup controlling the channels that way.

I used to use the Axe 3 with my MKV35. Are you using a midi switcher like an RJM Mini Amp Gizmo? I always used to use one with that setup. I remember needing a special RJM cable that would plug into he amp's foot switch jack and the into the Mini Amp Gizmo and I'd have to setup controlling the channels that way.
Basically what I'm doing is I have 3 scenes Rhythm, Lead, and Clean. I stay on Mark IIc+ mode for rhythm and lead. Clean I use the JC120 Amp with poweramp modeling off in the effects loop bypassing the real pre amp of Mark V. Then I use a FCB1010 to change scenes go to the tuner. Also programmed exp pedal as volume and for wah on lead. It has 2 pedals so one is global volume other is wah. It nice actually. One thing I was messing with today was cab sims even though I'm using a cab. It was interesting I have Ownhammer IRs I tried. I liked it even though I have a V30 idk just tinkering.

Back
Top Bottom