My AXE-FX II MkI is fried. :-(

merlin17

Power User
I switched it on today and it stuttered while booting (but did anyways). After that it smelled burned and I immediately switched it off. Unfortunately there's a fried part on the motherboard near the Ethernet port. I hope it's possible to repair it without exchanging the whole board...
IMG_2720 (2).jpg

I switched it on today and it stuttered while booting (but did anyways). After that it smelled burned and I immediately switched it off. Unfortunately there's a fried part on the motherboard near the Ethernet port. I hope it's possible to repair it without exchanging the whole board...
View attachment 42655
L77 to D55.... You sunk my battleship!

In all seriousness though, that sucks. Keep us updated on what Fractal does. Thx

USB in the Ethernet jack? The USB B plug can fit right in there and short the phantom power rail causing damage. FAS Support should be able to get you fixed up.

No one can prepare you for a loss; it comes like a swift wind. However, take comfort in knowing that soon it will be resting in the arms of our Lord, Cliff. My deepest condolences to you and your guitar family. :)

Back
Top Bottom