MY AXE-FX II JUST DIED!

Here you go (I tried to change my avatar to this but the text was too small to read). Take note of the blank screen & constant iiluminated lights:

1031255.jpg

Last edited:
Here you go (I tried to change my avatar to this but the text was too small to read). Take note of the blank screen & constant iiluminated lights:

1031255.jpg

Well it looks in the exact state as mine was. Opening up Axefx 2 does not void the warranty. Changing something on it will like i swapped the factory installed fan with a no noise fan. There is no seal on the screws so you're not voiding any warranty. I suggest open it up. There is no complex hardware inside so dont be scared. ;)

I received another Email this morning and they want me to ship it back to them (it wasn't mentioned if they are going to fix or replace the unit). Fractal also sent a postage paid UPS shipping label, so my apologies to them for my slight rant in my first post complaining about possibly having to pay for shipping. :D

Great customer service from Fractal.

I received another Email this morning and they want me to ship it back to them (it wasn't mentioned if they are going to fix or replace the unit). Fractal also sent a postage paid UPS shipping label, so my apologies to them for my slight rant in my first post complaining about possibly having to pay for shipping. :D

Great customer service from Fractal.

Thats because you're in US. I was asked to pay for shipping cos im in norway which was going to cost me around $250 but G66 guys in germany sent a power supply and a no noise fan for free.

Thats because you're in US. I was asked to pay for shipping cos im in norway which was going to cost me around $250 but G66 guys in germany sent a power supply and a no noise fan for free.

I'm glad that worked out for you, $250 is crazy. Like I said, I didn't want to go tinkering inside the Axe-Fx and there was still the issue with the Pedal Jack. If all this was already going wrong after only 2 weeks of having the unit, who knows what else might stop working with it in the future (especially after the warranty is up)? I'd rather just send it back and get this taken care of now and just start over when it or a new one returns.

EDIT - I took a closer look at the "Return Merchandise Packing Slip" that I was Emailed, and it has "Replace" as the return type, so it looks like I'll be getting a completely new unit.

Last edited:
I'm glad that worked out for you, $250 is crazy. Like I said, I didn't want to go tinkering inside the Axe-Fx and there was still the issue with the Pedal Jack. If all this was already going wrong after only 2 weeks of having the unit, who knows what else might stop working with it in the future (especially after the warranty is up)? I'd rather just send it back and get this taken care of now and just start over when it or a new one returns.

Yes I would have done the same if i were you. Good to know its been taken care of :)

Technically you have a wooden rack and 2u faceplate! :)

Hope you get your replacement soon!

Technically I also have 2 Dynaudio studio monitors, a GPC, and 2 Boss expression pedals, but with no Axe-Fx to use with them, it sure feels like nothing.

Whoa is me. :lol

Holy necrobump Batman! :eek:

Yep, looks & sounds like she's a goner. :( I would contact Fractal support immediately.

Here's hoping it's still under warranty & that you have all your patches backed up. :)

This may not be the end ...
Can not ... I bought is two months.
My gear depends on it ...

It's never the end. Just depends what's broken. First thing is to open her up and check all the cables for tightness. Then get in touch with Fractal support and order the eprom, although if it was in the middle of a gig I doubt that's the problem. I feel for you, though. I have never read of a unit that didn't get resurrected, but you are in a spot now. Actually I read of only a couple AxeFxes that did not get fixed by the eprom only once before. This is rare.

Edit: I see you are the guy from Brasil on the Facebook user group. You had the same advice there. Nothing much more we can say, I'm afraid. It's up to Fractal now.

Last edited:
My problem is the power supply.
I put the power supply of a fractal friend to test, and everything was perfect again!
I bought a spare part, and is now only waiting for the mail to deliver me.
Thank you all.

Back
Top Bottom