My Axe FX II DIED for second time whe Upgrade the new firmware

It's good to talk about what can go wrong and how to handle it. I don't see why this thread needs deleting.

I ordered my EPROM a couple months ago, thank god I haven't had to use it yet. But it's there in my rack drawer if I need it, just as a spare power supply is. :)

Be prepared, as the Scouts like to say...

This happened to me, I feel a bit unsure each upgrade now however I have the solution here to fix it if it happens again.

I thought about it since then though and I am sure I had Axe Edit running and may even have closed it during the firmware update. I think it is likely this caused it and I wondered if there may be some handshaking from closing Axe Edit while closing it which may have disturbed the update. It may be that all of us that have had this issue may have had something unusual go on during the transfer we either didn't know about or didn't think would be an issue.

This happened to me, I feel a bit unsure each upgrade now however I have the solution here to fix it if it happens again.

I thought about it since then though and I am sure I had Axe Edit running and may even have closed it during the firmware update. I think it is likely this caused it and I wondered if there may be some handshaking from closing Axe Edit while closing it which may have disturbed the update.
Very probably did....

AE should BE CLOSED - BEFORE starting Fractal Bot to do the firmware update. You should NEVER run both during a firmware update.

Hughjasol,

Makes sense. I would order one for emergencies, but I think they are only available for sale to people that are suggested to by customer support. Is this correct?

Ah that could be ... I got a message from support in response to my post and they gave me the link to order it.

Could be your usb cable. I'd purchase a different brand, and try updating with a new cable.

I don't think a cable can cause this.

Data transfers like these always have some kind of checksum verification built in, as well as a fall-back safeguard. If something bad happens, it's probably related to hardware failure.

Just update and the fractalbot says ALL OK, but after restart the AXE don't initialize the system. All leds flash On but dont work.

I hate to ask, and maybe I'm reading this post too literally, but did you wait for your AxeFX to actually update or did you restart right when Fractalbot said All Ok?

I don't think a cable can cause this.

Data transfers like these always have some kind of checksum verification built in, as well as a fall-back safeguard. If something bad happens, it's probably related to hardware failure.
+1
I once performed a FW-update on a faulty cable. Fractal-Bot just told me something like "Update failed" and I had to redo it (even multiple times until I realised the cable was the culprit). Eventually, everything went fine and the Axe-Fx didn't "die".

Back
Top Bottom