My AXE-FX II arrived today :)

jack5150

I've finally joined the club!

I felt like a child on Christmas morning opening this thing.
Too bad I don't have anything to play it through yet. I feel like I've got a Ferrari sitting in the driveway, but no keys to unlock the damn thing.
Going to pick up a FRFR speaker tomorrow, most likely a Mackie HD1221.

For now I'll just have to read the manual and wait with anticipation to hear it for the first time :)
Did you guys delete the factory presets you didn't like?
Also, should I look at RedWirez cabs/IR straight away? Or are the stock cabs in 8.0 good enough for playing around with at first?

Congratulations.

I only have stock cabs, definitely good enough.
You can delete any or arrange presets how you want and manage them from Axe Manage.
Audition them all first and make a note of the ones you like.

If you have some headphones, plug in and give it a try...

I can tell that I'm going to spend days getting this thing set just the way I like it :)
Another quick (stupid) question. Effects like delay and chorus are typically placed in the FX loop of an amp, however I see that some presets have them at the end of the signal chain after the cab. Can you actually create a virtual loop within the amp.
Preamp>send>effects>return to poweramp>then cab?

You cant but on a regular amp it's put in the loop because the output is too hot for line level effects.
In tge axefx you can put them after the amp block or the cab.

It's very cool, yet very intimidating at the same time. All those parameters, all that tweakability...
Can anyone recommend some good learning resources? Particularly when it comes to EQ and frequency settings

I have OCD tendencies, so tweaking a preset can be a long and painful process haha.
This unit is a godsend though, and I purchased it based on it's potential alone (as well as the countless recordings I've heard).
Not sure if I want to even run in stereo or not :-/ Only have the one Mackie HD1221 for now.
This thing is blowing my mind though, and I'm usually very difficult to impress... can't wait until I finally figure it all out!

Back
Top Bottom