My Axe 2 has stopped working. HELP!

Kluner

I just turned on my new Axe-FX 2 at home this evening (only 30 days old). After I flipped the power switch on and looked over at it, I noticed the unit seemed to be frozen. All of the front lights were lit up, on but the green LED screen was off. I waited a bit longer then tried to re-boot it (holding down the recall button)….still nothing. Now all lights are on except the second left channel LED from the bottom and now the LED is backlit but blank (still frozen). I also smelled what I would describe as a slight burnt circuit type of odor coming from the unit. My Axe has never acted up like this before and it seems to have become non-functional....BTW...I have it plugged into a monster power pro 2500 surge protector for added protection and all other electronics plugged into the power surge protector are just fine (monitors, computer, mixer, etc.). Any ideas what the issue could be? I'm guessing this "not normal"....and should just contact support? :(

by any chance was it plugged into your computer with usb, possibly using axe edit; if so try rebooting ocmputer with axe on.

by any chance was it plugged into your computer with usb, possibly using axe edit; if so try rebooting ocmputer with axe on.

Definitely disconnect from the Mac/USB if you are connected that way.....guaranteed lock-ups on my system. (Axe-Edit is not a factor for me)

I do have it connected to my Mac via USB (which has axe edit running). However, the computer was not on at the time....

Tried the reboot with Mac and axe edit on.....no luck. Something had to have blown in it....now, it just flickers....even when I turn the unit off it still tries to flash to life for a second or two after I turn it's switch off.

Will be boxing up this am to let support diagnose.

Back
Top Bottom