My AX8 Journey Begins

LerxstFan

Inspired
So I've had my AX8 for a few days and I'm learning as I go. Though the learning curve is a little steep, I haven't been this excited about a piece of gear in a long time. Having gigged an Eleven Rack with a GCP for years in my cover band, I'm used to that switching format - pretty simple and intuitive.

With the AX8 I'm still learning the difference between what I called a 'preset' or 'rig' and what a 'scene' is and is capable of and how the 1-8 switches and F switches can be laid out for different functions...all before my third cup of coffee this morning! I have some shows next weekend, and I've been up late nights trying to learn as much as I can (though I get sidetracked constantly auditioning presets when I should be setting them up for songs) so the coffee helps.

Thank you everyone on the forum - people are so generous with their insights and tips! Like hitting the shift -> Page button for the shortcut to the level meters - brilliant! The community of players here is amazing and another reason why I got an AX8. Happy to be here.

Back to it : )

Thank you everyone on the forum - people are so generous with their insights and tips! Like hitting the shift -> Page button for the shortcut to the level meters - brilliant! The community of players here is amazing and another reason why I got an AX8. Happy to be here.

Back to it : )

I agree. I just got my AX8 last month and this forum has been great. Love the friendly nature of everyone and the advice has been a real bonus to an already awesome product.

Yup , got my ax8 couple weeks ,loving every minute of it.little bit of a learning curve,but I find your can get a great tone with out really diving in to deep,basic amp controls and alittle on the cab frequency . I’m actually playing my guitar more than tweaking.:)

Like most of us... now you just need more time!
I haven't figured out how to do that since I got my first Fractal product!
Best pieces of musical gear purchases in 40 years!!
Rock on Fractal!

Lol - I can related to that. I have laundry piling up and I'm staying up way later than I should.

@EdgE - absolutely! The tones are already good, and the ability to tweak and fine tune is amazing. I'm trying not to go down the rabbithole - just want to get some good sounds for songs and be gig ready.

Back
Top Bottom