My attempt to do a Dave Grohl-ish sort of song.

Thank you for checking the tune out. Maybe I should have set it up differently..."here's a song with an 8-string and an AxeFX-II".

I would definetly not focus on sounding like Grohl and improve those progressive rock music writing skills that you clearly have. Pretty intresting riffs and effect combinations, sorry but i like this more on it's own than think that it's "Dave Grolish"
Nice tune :)

I would definetly not focus on sounding like Grohl and improve those progressive rock music writing skills that you clearly have. Pretty intresting riffs and effect combinations, sorry but i like this more on it's own than think that it's "Dave Grolish"
Nice tune :)
Therein was the error! Cool. I can see how my framing was confusing. By Dave Grohl-ish, I guess I was just focusing on the catchy melody within the confines of a rock tune aspect. Form-wise, I agree this not something he'd ever write as it has over 60 meter changes in it. BUT...my aim was for the underlying groove to cover them up.

@Narzugon, thanks! I get compared to Vai more than anyone else. Chronologically he was my second guitar hero (behind Yngwie) while growing up, and until Petrucci came onto the scene, he was my fav - so it makes sense. That said, I never was able to get through an entire song of his (other than "Salamanders"). I spent a lot more time work through Petrucci stuff. All that said, Holdsworth has been my fav for decades now and it seems none of that comes through. :-x

Back
Top Bottom