My approach to my 1 preset per song strategy - levels, firmwares and video

Great post, thanks for sharing your experience.

I have a similar approach and I would like to share some of my ideas.
First of all I record my templates in a separate document.
I am using MS Word, but One Note is a good substitute (sorry, I do not know the Apple world).
So for each template I write down:
  • Category – for what kind of genre, e.g. blues rock
  • Layout of footswitches – I always use
    1. Scene 1, Clean
    2. Scene 2, Crunch
    3. Scene 3, Distortion
    4. Control switch1 , solo boost
      5 to 8 are optional effects as chorus, pitch, etc.
  • Amp – which amps I am using
  • Cab – which cabs I am using
  • Modifiers – I always add a screenshot from AX8Edit. With this I know at once which modifier controls which parameter
  • Specials – anything what is important in this preset, e.g. what is control switch 2 used for
  • Custom scale – is any used
If you use this kind of documentation then
  • It gives you some extra work to synchronize your AX8 tweaking to the document
  • The benefits are: Easy access to even complicated presets, eventually a history of a preset’s evolution

Lot of good info here. Thank you, Smittefar!!!

I didn't even know you could use the same Scene Controller to control different things at the same time. I still have many things to learn.

I also didn't know that there were no scenes until FW9. Coming from a Trex Soulmate, I can't imagine working without instant overall sound changes with a single hit.

BTW, knowing each and every secret about the Soulmate was... a little easier than this:sweatsmile:

I believe scenes were introduced with FW9 for AxeFX II. AX8 had always had them.

Yes, this is more complex than Soulmate :D

I didn't realize the scene controller #1 could be used to control so many parameters at once.
Nice job explaining and showing to us Smittefar!

Back
Top Bottom