My AFXII lost its balls

If we can't be smart we can be strong! Yurt errr attack KILL! And rock your face off. Enjoy Oki. My brother was in Comm Bn there '98-'99.

Glad to hear your sorted. I know what you mean about us military types. This is what I repair/maintain/strip down:

jernas3_zps1222cdf5.jpg

Is that a Roland or a Rapier? Missile looks like Rapier but the sensor/ launcher is unfamiliar.

Last edited:
ouebT.jpg

Everything is working normally now!

I appreciate everybody's help. A lot. But the thing is... " I R Grunt"

I'll explain: The United States Marine Corps Infantry is one of the most lethal fighting forces on the face of this planet. But.... For as intelligent as we are... We can be pretty damn stupid sometimes. By our very nature, we over-complicate things like a motherfucker.

For example, I can take apart and reassemble a Browning M2 (Pictured Below) and I consider that a rather simple (albeit time consuming) task

y1300.jpg

But when it comes to licking a damn 9 volt to make sure the batteries i'm playing with aren't all dead.... I can't think of doing that.

Sorry for wasting your guy's time, but I appreciate your willingness to help me out.

LOL!! As a retired Air Force member who worked with Marines for at least nine of my years in, your post had me cracking up. :)

Don't be so hard on yourself. At least you can assemble and operate a weapon. When I was in, a dangerous situation consisted of burning yourself with coffee or getting printer ink on your uniform. :)

Is that a Roland or a Rapier? Missile looks like Rapier but the sensor/ launcher is unfamiliar.

It's a Rapier FSC (Field Standard C).

I don't think Mapps would be seen dead working on a Roland system: It's made by a company called Euromissile for a start!!!

I'm not saying the name's important but would people buy the Kemper if it was called the Euro-Axe?

Last edited:
I remember once setting up for a jazz gig years ago playing electric bass. I tuned up my bass, turned around, flipped my amp 'on,' and no sound came out. I started freaking out thinking something had broken in the amp and while I'm running through the possibilities of what could have gone wrong, I realize I'm staring directly at the end of the cable in my hand that I had not yet plugged into the amp.

Snowblind - glad to hear that it was something easy to resolve.

Thank you for your service!

My ranking of knowledge in the ADA world goes 1 - our stuff, 2 - Russian stuff (threat weps) 3 - rest-of-the-world. I'm glad I was even in the ballpark!

My ranking of knowledge in the ADA world goes 1 - our stuff, 2 - Russian stuff (threat weps) 3 - rest-of-the-world. I'm glad I was even in the ballpark!

It should be enough for some people to be able to distinguish between our's and there's. I remember a SNCO geting upset with me because I identified an artillery piece as a 105mm Light Gun, only to be told in quite a snooty manner that it was actually called a L118.

Apparently asking him, the classic Shatner question, "Have you ever killed a girl?" was insubordinate.

Back
Top Bottom