My '90s rack rig (with improvements) in a .syx file

Joe Bfstplk

Legend!
This preset represents the best bits and pieces of my evolving rig through the late '80s and the '90s with a few improvements here and there.

Not all bits and pieces were all in the same place/time, so it's a bit of a timey-wimey fudge, but here it is:

• Flat 11dB boost (external controller 1)
  • Compressed 7.5dB boost (external controller 2)

• HIWATT cleans (default)
  • Soldano dirt (available via external controller 3)
  • Volume control (external controller 12) and solo boost (external controller 5)

• Leslie w/ switchable speed (scene 1, 4, 5, and 8)
  • Delay (scene 3 and 7)
  • Yamaha "Pitch C" in parallel with a 4-voice chorus (external controller 8) and in parallel with a separately-bypassable flanger (external controller 7)
All this with only 49% processor utilization. The AxeFX III is not even breaking a sweat duplicating (and improving upon) the best of all my old gear, which, if it had been assembled all in the same rack, would have been the size of a small fridge, and would have been more difficult to control.... :laughing:

Attachments

• HIWATTS99 Blue Dog.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
thank for sharing this preset,what irs did you use?because i can see on this preset that you used third party irs.

I used RedWire Speakerbox's Weber Blue Dog 1x12" close-mic IR and a bit of the room sound from a different IR in that set. Basically a Vox Blue type speaker.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom