My 6G12/Plexi6CA7 preset....

Joe Bfstplk

Legend!
Features the Brown Tolex Concert and the new Plexi, with all factory cabs, so no worries about finding a suitable IR....

The Plexi makes a good clean-to-mean single amp by using the volume knob on the guitar.

Preset set up for lower-output guitars, like Tele/Strat, or a humbucker guitar with series/parallel switches on the pickups set to parallel.

External 4 brings in chorus/pitch-detune by mid throw, and a ducking flange at full toe-down.
External 3 is the wah. It is set up for toe-down bypass.
External 2 sets delay mix.
External 1 is a volume pedal.

Various other control switches and effect on/off switches, too. Should not be too hard to translate the dual FC6 layout to an FC12. Might be a bit more work to make it work on a single FC6, but should be possible.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• 6G12Plexi6CA7HT.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 81
Here's another version of the same preset, with the dual-amps-after-chorus trick. Sounds big through stereo speakers, and both bigger and deeper than the Grand Canyon through the Spacestation XL.... :)

Attachments

• 6G12Plexi6CA7HTSCho.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 46
Ok, so I was digging through the BF Fenders in Naked Amps and just stumbled back across the fabled "Magic 6es" settings:

Volume: 6 (bright switch on)
s-6.jpg

Treble: 6
Mid: 3
Bass: 3

Nice, really close to what I want. Bumped the mids up a bit to 4, and found a BF tone I can really get into. I also tweaked the power amp speaker matching, the speaker curve, and used a Super 4x10 cab to emulate the old Super 6 Reverb - a 6x10 behemoth that was probably the best rhythm guitar amp Fender ever made.

Something about a Fender with 10" speakers - and the more the merrier if you don't have to carry the bloody thing.... :D

Sounds really good with a 2x12 and the appropriate curve, and speaker match, too, but I'm really digging the 10s tonight.... :)

Attachments

• Supr6Plexi6CA7Trem.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom