AFIII My 1st song- December... need help with mix

For a first recording, you did a really great job tbh. The song is solid. Some of the vocals are pitchy just in small spots, but overall the performance is connected and real.

Most of the changes I would recommend are subtle things and typing out suggestions would be clunky as heck. I could connect with you on Discord if you want to work on some things in amore live, productive kind of way.

And for reference as to who I am and if you want advice from a guy with my style mixes, check out Mark Tiarra on Spotify.

Again, nice work!

Your guitars rock. I hear triggering issues on the snare. Vocals are cool. Maybe up a couple db? Add more fullness on the low end of the bass. Real drums would drive this hard. Nice job for a first recording!

I like it a lot! Good work, especially considering it is your first mix!!

My only feedback is I felt the instruments could do with a tiny bit more separation from the drums, EQ shelving or panning or maybe some compression - BUT that is my personal pref and I don't think I could have done as good a job as you did on this mix!

Great song! Some sort of mix guru fairy dust on the vocals would set it off. Overall sounds a little bit dark. Do you have software that can compare the overall frequency balance with a reference track? Ozone tonal balance or something like that comes to mind

Back
Top Bottom