Mux 2 control via MIDI?

FullThrottle64

Inspired
Has anyone here used MIDI to control the 2nd Multiplexer block? I'm having issues; Mux 1 works perfectly, but the MIDI controller I am using (Liquidfoot) seems to think that the Mux2 is some other sort of block. For some reason, if I use a MIDI command to select a channel on Mux2, it locks into that channel and will not respond to any further MIDI commands to change the state of the Mux.

Since Liquidfoot appears to be non-responsive (still checking for a pulse), I can't be sure if it's due to the LF code or the responses being sent by the Axe-FX III.

Anybody got any ideas?

Try using a Midi monitor software like MidiOX to see what the LF is sending.

Do they use sysex or CCs? If CCs, make sure the MUX 2 Channels CC is set to what the LF is sending.

I'm pretty sure it's using SysEx for everything, as the LF+ controller supports bi-directional MIDI and allows direct selection of scenes, channels, and bypass state. In this case, it's all about channel selection, which I don't believe is possible with CC.

Unfortunately I don't have the hardware (MIDI-USB cable) to run a MIDI sniffer. I was hoping to maybe find someone who has used Mux 2 control with another MIDI controller (RJM or Voes?) that could validate whether the Axe-FX implementation is consistent between Mux1 and Mux2. My guess is that's it's a bug in the LF software, but thought it would be worth asking here.

I'm pretty sure it's using SysEx for everything, as the LF+ controller supports bi-directional MIDI and allows direct selection of scenes, channels, and bypass state. In this case, it's all about channel selection, which I don't believe is possible with CC.

Unfortunately I don't have the hardware (MIDI-USB cable) to run a MIDI sniffer. I was hoping to maybe find someone who has used Mux 2 control with another MIDI controller (RJM or Voes?) that could validate whether the Axe-FX implementation is consistent between Mux1 and Mux2. My guess is that's it's a bug in the LF software, but thought it would be worth asking here.

Working perfect on the Voes MX.

I use a LF and all of my gigging presets use the Mux2 block channel selection w no issue. What’s your programming for that block channel? I’m away from my gear until Thursday but can look into then.

I use a LF and all of my gigging presets use the Mux2 block channel selection w no issue. What’s your programming for that block channel? I’m away from my gear until Thursday but can look into then.
What's happening is that I cannot set the Mux 2 block to block autoupdates on IA trigger. I can set the other Mux block properly. but for some reason Mux 2 only allows a specific channel select. Once it is changed, ot resets the default and effectively overrides whatever I program in the IA steps. If you look over to the right of the programming screen, where the individual blocks are set, I have all of my blocks set to black (blocked), but can't get Mux2 to sccept nything other than a channel (A, B, C, or D). Once I trigger an IA that changes the Mux 2 channel, I am stuck with it until I re-boot the Axe-FX. My workaround is to turn off auto-updating, but that means that I lose the Scene names for all of my Presets (which load from the Ae-FX).

Again, everything works perfectly with auto-update except Mux2.

Back
Top Bottom