Mutually exclusive (2 wah blocks, one expression pedal, one external switch)

m lebofsky

Experienced
I have an Axe III and an FC-12.
Using two wah blocks (one wah block uses expression pedal 1, the second wah block (cocked wah sound) uses the FC-12's external switch 1). This switch is in the toe of my spring loaded mission engineering pedal.

I want to make sure that the expression pedal wah can't be used when the latched cocked wha block is engaged via the toe switch. I found something about controllers that can be mutually exclusive! How do I set this up?

I have an Axe III and an FC-12.
Using two wah blocks (one wah block uses expression pedal 1, the second wah block (cocked wah sound) uses the FC-12's external switch 1). This switch is in the toe of my spring loaded mission engineering pedal.

I want to make sure that the expression pedal wah can't be used when the latched cocked wha block is engaged via the toe switch. I found something about controllers that can be mutually exclusive! How do I set this up?
Control switches can be mutually exclusive, not sure about any controller.

Perhaps a better way to accomplish what I am trying to do is simply use two wah block channels. Channel A=Clyde, Channel B= Cocked, and then use the external switch tp toggle between Wah Block channel A and B. Is this doable? After 10 years, I'm back into the Axe, half the manual read...

Perhaps a better way to accomplish what I am trying to do is simply use two wah block channels. Channel A=Clyde, Channel B= Cocked, and then use the external switch tp toggle between Wah Block channel A and B. Is this doable? After 10 years, I'm back into the Axe, half the manual read...
Yes...

But assuming you want the cocked wah to be in a "fixed" position (as opposed to moving with the pedal), you'll need to set the modifier to only control Channel A.

Yes...

But assuming you want the cocked wah to be in a "fixed" position (as opposed to moving with the pedal), you'll need to set the modifier to only control Channel A.

In Axe Edit, it looks like the Modifier source has to be the same for each channel in the Wah block. How do I implement what you are suggesting?

In Axe Edit, it looks like the Modifier source has to be the same for each channel in the Wah block. How do I implement what you are suggesting?
There's a drop down for the channel it applies to. You can choose ALL or any single channel.

I'm not in front of my Axe Fx so I don't remember specifically what is labeled.

Thanks. Perhaps this isn't implemented in AXE-EDIT III.
Part 1) I'm 2 days from finishing the manual, but it sounds like I want to assign the pedal to only Channel A of the Wah block.
Part 1) Then I need to figure out how to assign the external foot switch (toe of the expression pedal) to toggle between channel A and channel B of Wah block 1.

Thanks. Perhaps this isn't implemented in AXE-EDIT III.
Part 1) I'm 2 days from finishing the manual, but it sounds like I want to assign the pedal to only Channel A of the Wah block.
Part 1) Then I need to figure out how to assign the external foot switch (toe of the expression pedal) to toggle between channel A and channel B of Wah block 1.
It's been implemented in Axe Edit for a long while now...

You'll want to read up on Stand-in switches to get the external switch working.

Configuring the switch function could be done two ways:

Scene Toggle between A and B or Scene Increment (or Decrement) with a Min of Channel A and Max of Channel B and Wrap enabled.

Make sure you read the FC manual, too :)

OK. Reading to do … Things have come a long way (deeper) since I had the original AXE 11 years ago ….
Well if it's been that long, then yes a looong way... Make sure to learn about Scenes, too. A very important concept introduced in the Axe Fx II about 6+ years ago.

That would be yet another way switch between which wah channel is in use.

Back
Top Bottom