Mutt Lange footage

Teddy1975

What's the deal with this genius??
Why is it practically impossible to find ANY footage of him on the internet?
I would love to watch an interview, or even better: footage of him working in the studio.
Doesn't it seem strange that a guy like that has been able to be that incognito to the public?
I mean, he's a legend in the music business, so it should be almost impossible to hide that well.

Can anybody explain, or even find something that I could never find?
Yes, there are maybe 10 photos out there...and 5 sec of footage (from Def Leppard/Classic Albums) - but apart from that..?

What's the deal with this genius??
Why is it practically impossible to find ANY footage of him on the internet?
I would love to watch an interview, or even better: footage of him working in the studio.
Doesn't it seem strange that a guy like that has been able to be that incognito to the public?
I mean, he's a legend in the music business, so it should be almost impossible to hide that well.

Can anybody explain, or even find something that I could never find?
Yes, there are maybe 10 photos out there...and 5 sec of footage (from Def Leppard/Classic Albums) - but apart from that..?

Simple - He doesn't like the limelight

Those clips came from interviews from a documentary the BBC did in 1989 on Def Leppard called Rock Of Ages (It should still be YouTube)

Having listened to lots of interviews with folks that have worked with him I get the impression he has little time for the music business and limelight side of things and tends to just be into the work aspect

I've heard he's bought up most of the images that are available of him and the only pictures tend to be either from that documentary or from some rare live appearances

It's quite an eye opener when you look at all the music he's been involved with and famous songs he's written, not just Def Lep, ACDC, Bryan Adams, Shania, etc

Simple - He doesn't like the limelight

Those clips came from interviews from a documentary the BBC did in 1989 on Def Leppard called Rock Of Ages (It should still be YouTube)

Having listened to lots of interviews with folks that have worked with him I get the impression he has little time for the music business and limelight side of things and tends to just be into the work aspect

I've heard he's bought up most of the images that are available of him and the only pictures tend to be either from that documentary or from some rare live appearances

It's quite an eye opener when you look at all the music he's been involved with and famous songs he's written, not just Def Lep, ACDC, Bryan Adams, Shania, etc
Yes, I figured he doesn't like the limelight. But many famous people don't, yet they are all over the internet. Maybe Mutt owns the internet. :openmouth:
Anyway, although we have to respect his need for total privacy, I still think it's a shame. He is such an inspiring genius, and he must have a LOT to share, if he wanted.

Some producers and engineers tend to want to be known for their work rather than for any words they may say.

Another famous producer who is a bit of a ghost on the internet is Max Martin.

That they both built such careers without a public presence shows just how good their industry word of mouth is.

Mutt‘s also from that era where people were fairly secretive of their tricks. Right around the same time Mutt was working with Def Leppard, EVH was out spreading misinformation about his rig.

Then if you think of a lot of Mutt’s techniques, for some people to see how some of that stuff was done would surely ruin the magic for some. IE- you see the video for “Pour Some Sugar On Me” and see a bunch of sweaty, rockin’ dudes singing that chorus live, but in the studio it was just them whispering the chorus 60x over. Mutt’s got a bunch of production tricks and I’d imagine not wanting those tricks divulged is a large part of the reason there wasn’t cameras rolling in his sessions.

Hopefully he does some kind of production master class at some point. I really wish every big producer would do something like that before the end of their run. In a world where everyone with a MacBook is a producer, I really miss those big productions and try to learn all I can from those guys.

Back
Top Bottom