Mutronics Mutator patch help

That's a pretty easy one. I could swear I shared it, but I can't find my old "Dualing Bandpos" preset. I'll make a new one for you.
But then, who can create the NEXT great filter effect? The toolbox in the III is simply insane!
I had an attempt at it last night but could not get it to sound very good. And the filters were making odd hissing noises at the extreme upper and lower bounds of their travel when I attached the envelope to their frequency. I'll try again though.

So much power and possiblity it gets a little heady at times!

Edit: I did at a sweep delay to my bass preset and whoa mama is that a nice effect to layer behind some steady, pumping bass lines.

Thanks for this!

How do you change the speed of the filter sweeps? Its been a while since I have used the controllers.

ADSR1 attack and decay is the envelope part of the filter.
LFO1 is the rate of the subsequent activity. Look for its assignment on ADSR Sustain Level.
Currently, I have LFO1 set to RUN from an external sequencer via EXT16. You might want to remove that modifier.

I also just noticed that my preset is too loud. Lower the amps to fix it.

I had an attempt at it last night but could not get it to sound very good. And the filters were making odd hissing noises at the extreme upper and lower bounds of their travel when I attached the envelope to their frequency. I'll try again though.

So much power and possiblity it gets a little heady at times!

Edit: I did at a sweep delay to my bass preset and whoa mama is that a nice effect to layer behind some steady, pumping bass lines.
I was mistaken -- bassballs isn't opposed bandpass. It's series LPF. Still, I'd be happy to make something for you. Message me.

I was mistaken -- bassballs isn't opposed bandpass. It's series LPF. Still, I'd be happy to make something for you. Message me.
Wait, really? Dang. I had it up as opposed bandpass filters in series. The internets failed me! :D

It's fun to play, I'll get something together tonight and post it.

@Admin M@ shared something very good with me, but it's his to share widely, not mine.

What Floyd songs? I need more direct exposure to Bassballs use -- everything I know is Phish/Mike Gordon. :D
He used it on almost everything live. A lot of stuff on The Wall, but often in a subtle manner. You can hear it slightly more pronounced on “Young Lust” and “Thin Ice.” Also “Run Like Hell.”
But it is more prominent in their live shows.
Some descriptions of the 1970s pedalboard they were using are pretty fascinating.

Back
Top Bottom