Mussel Shoals (Muscle Shoals)

It's in my queue -- now to find a bit of free time...and not fall asleep 10 minutes in. There's something about documentaries and my continually sleep deprived state that don't work well together.

It's in my queue -- now to find a bit of free time...and not fall asleep 10 minutes in. There's something about documentaries and my continually sleep deprived state that don't work well together.

Fire up the coffee pot man... it's well worth it.

Thanks for bringing these up. I've seen Sound City (phenomenal) and just checked out the trailers for the other ones mentioned here. I have my movies set for the weekend!

Thanks for this, just finished seeing it, its cool, but some how i still like the Sound City Doc better, its more with my generation! :)

I hear you most of this music was a little before my time too but it was still really cool. All of the big names that went through this place was an eye opener for me.

Actually, you may not have misspelled it, the city founders did. One theory is that it was named for the mussel shells found there on the banks of the Tennessee River, tho I never saw any in my 15 years there. It's nice to see a music scene in North Alabama that has been "re-vitalizing" with the likes of Jason Isbell, Alabama Shakes, etc.

Enjoyed the doc, although it was a little slow here or there. I was already aware of the history of the studio, etc. but I enjoyed seeing some of the musician's interviews/comments.

Great movie.

I was down in Huntsville Alabama on business once and regret not taking the short drive there to Muscle Shoals for a tour.

Back
Top Bottom