Musikmesse

pauliusmm

Fractal Fanatic
Im always waiting for NAMM and Musikmesse events, they usually show a lot of new exciting stuff. I am a guitar gear fan, but this year these events really disappointed me. Not a single thing that would be interesting guitar related.
Maybe i missed something cool?

Im always waiting for NAMM and Musikmesse events, they usually show a lot of new exciting stuff. I am a guitar gear fan, but this year these events really disappointed me. Not a single thing that would be interesting guitar related.
Maybe i missed something cool?

Funnily I felt exactly the same.
Waiting with baited breath and nothing impressed me at all.
Is it a bad year for gear or have I seen too much to get excited?

Honestly it's hard to get excited about new gear, when you already own an Axe FX 2, haha. Guitars can only get so cool after you have so many.

Honestly it's hard to get excited about new gear, when you already own an Axe FX 2, haha. Guitars can only get so cool after you have so many.

This.

This year was my first NAMM and I wasn't remotely excited about any amplifiers. For every amp I saw/heard I just had the thought "Eh I'm sure Ill try it out in a firmware one day" haha

Do not feel like this at all, but I was an exhibitor for the first time :). We had an Axe FX II FW10+Matrix GT1000FX+2x12 vertical V30 cab by David Laboga rig and 12 guitars. Even though our booth was in worst location possible (well, wind instruments hall could be worse I guess) we did hear a lot of kind words about our instruments (and sound of the Axe too!). I'll post my full review from my perspective soon.

Ever since I bought my Axe-FX II, I've been like, well that Strymon Mobius looks pretty cool, but do I really need it? :)

I suppose I'm part of the niche market that has a minor man crush on Paul Masvidal of Cynic and also is interested in ergonomic guitars... But I couldn't wait to see photos, clips, and specs on Ola Strandberg's "Masvidalien" production 6 string. What I've come across so far has been anything but disappointing. I do believe I have found the companion to my beloved Steinberger.

But yeah... As for anything else gear related... Meh...

Back
Top Bottom