Music Man Silhouette Special

Depending on your wants, needs, the MIM Fender guitars can be a real value.
Totally customizable.
I have 3 and (over time) ordered 4 Warmoth necks in various configurations.
I Love the Warmoth necks!
For me I found the sweet spot to be their standard thin neck profile, 1 5/8 nut width, 10 - 16 compound radius, stainless steel frets.
That after playing a Gibson LP 1 11/16, for 20+ years!!

The Musicman is a great guitar BUT the neck is old school traditional, thin, narrow with awful medium nickel frets (6150).
If they want to raise there game they need a 6105 size stainless fret and to make the standard nut width 1.650".
The build quality is very good though much better than standard Fender.

The Musicman is a great guitar BUT the neck is old school traditional, thin, narrow with awful medium nickel frets (6150).
If they want to raise there game they need a 6105 size stainless fret and to make the standard nut width 1.650".
@Andy Eagle, if a neck like that feels ok to play, is it problematic for other reasons for instance stability, tuning?

I actually love the narrower neck width. One of the reasons I play them.

Great neck joint and the finish on the neck is really good but those frets have to go for me. I can even do the thin narrow neck but not 6150.
I agree on the frets. I can't wear down the frets on my Lukes fast enough so I can get some big old stainless on them.

Valuable notice Perfect for my is 6100
I have Jescar .47"x 104", and they are great, preferably stainless steel
6150 - 42" x .102" Really low.

Fender Road Worn Strat. Best Strat I’ve ever owned under $1,000. Probably over $1,000 as well, and I’ve owned many.

Back
Top Bottom