Music Man Silhouette Special

guit82

Hello, I have the opportunity to buy a used Music Man Silhouette Special SSH guitar. I would like to ask if any of you still use this model? Or maybe someone had and can write something as a former user. I was looking for a modern stratocaster and the Silhoutte meets all the requirements. Price $1050
But is that still a good way to look for a superstrat guitar?
Or maybe there are better options already
I am asking for opinions.

Last edited:
I had a silhouette special. The neck is kore narrow and that takes a little getting used to. Especially if you swap guitars now and then. It’s been a while, but I remember that I was quite happy with it for a while. Then I bought a fender strat usa, put a jb in the bridge and 2 ssl1 pups in middle and neck and sold the music man shortly after. I have never played a suhr..

I had a silhouette special. The neck is kore narrow and that takes a little getting used to. Especially if you swap guitars now and then. It’s been a while, but I remember that I was quite happy with it for a while. Then I bought a fender strat usa, put a jb in the bridge and 2 ssl1 pups in middle and neck and sold the music man shortly after. I have never played a suhr..
Did you use original pots 250k
with the guitar Fender
in the JB and SSL1 setup? (Bridge without tone control)
Or maybe you changed to 500k? What was your wiring diagram?

Suhr beautiful guitars, but currently not on my budget.
While searching for the stratocaster, the Music Man Silhouette guitar option came up.
It is difficult to decide on something specific with the new Fenders.
Ultra, Professional II

Suhr beautiful guitars, but currently not on my budget.
While searching for the stratocaster, the Music Man Silhouette guitar option came up.
It is difficult to decide on something specific with the new Fenders.
Ultra, Professional II

Just buy one that feels good. Swap pickups and you will be golden.

Did you use original pots 250k
with the guitar Fender
in the JB and SSL1 setup? (Bridge without tone control)
Or maybe you changed to 500k? What was your wiring diagram?
Well, I don’t know to be honest. I think its the original pot. The wiring was simplified. I had it done by a luthier. The switch with all the extra options I had taken out. I never used it anyway. Now it is standard 5 pos switch. Neck, neck+mid, mid, mid+brdge but split to single coil, humbucker.

I really like SSL1 combined with SSL5 bridge I had it in one guitar. It is a perfect stratocaster for pure and distorted sounds, solo. With classic Fender wiring - bridge without tone control. I guess I'll buy some used American Standard and use that configuration. This will probably be the best way option.

I really like SSL1 combined with SSL5 bridge I had it in one guitar. It is a perfect stratocaster for pure and distorted sounds, solo. With classic Fender wiring - bridge without tone control. I guess I'll buy some used American Standard and use that configuration. This will probably be the best way option.
Sounds good. I have the humbucker now but that suits my band’s music best. At home I sometimes think I’d be happy with a single coil for the classic sounds. Scott henderson has a tone pot just for bridge because he uses it for that pup often, but doesn’t want it for his neck pup. I have 2 tone pots now, so I’m fine, but if you go for one you could keep that in mind. He say this on a video about his signature suhr.

This, that's the exact wiring I've wanted forever, since I switched to a strat, for the exact reason he says!

Noise cancelling circuitry too, with real single coils, flat neck. Sounds like my dream guitar, except I probably can't afford it.

Are these still made? I'd rather used financially anyway. Stainless frets?
EDIT: Yes still made. No stainless, my only complaint. Wonder why not.

Off to look around...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom