Music Group aquire TC Group

The only piece of TC gear I have ever owned was a Nova System. I disliked it so much that it prompted me to order an Axe-Fx Ultra. For that, TC will always hold a special place in my heart. 8) :lol

You obviously never owned a TC2290 or TC1210 then? Two of the best classic rack units ever built :)

Reactions: npx
its all junk-
there isn't anything they make that for a little bit more money another brand makes a 1000x better version of it-

Alesis, Presonus, Art, M-Audio, B52, Samson, all make better stuff at the same price points for all the junk Behringer makes.

I hope this doesn't jinx my behringer cable tester (which is my second because the first one broke)

You know they acquired Midas (consoles)? I would not say Midas are junk :)
I personally don't own any Behringer gear although I did briefly own a V-Amp 2 to see what the 50w Marshall model was like.
They seem intent on buying up some very big name companies and using them in their future product lines. Sometime in the future, they will probably buy a brand you really like too.

Last edited:
You obviously never owned a TC2290 or TC1210 then? Two of the best classic rack units ever built :)

Very true, and it was indeed on the reputation of products such as those that I purchased that Nova System! :)
I had no problem with the actual sounds I could get from the unit, but I had a lengthy list of basic usability issues that made me wonder at the time how many of its designers actually played guitar in a live situation. :?

I really like some of the TC stompboxes that I've played recently, they sound great!

Very true, and it was indeed on the reputation of products such as those that I purchased that Nova System! :)
I had no problem with the actual sounds I could get from the unit, but I had a lengthy list of basic usability issues that made me wonder at the time how many of its designers actually played guitar in a live situation. :?

I really like some of the TC stompboxes that I've played recently, they sound great!

I was given a Nova System by TC so I don't want to comment too much on it. I have used it on fly gigs before I got the Axefx and it was fine for what I was using it for. I will say that Tore who designs this stuff for TC is a fantastic guitarist.

Reactions: npx
I used to be anti-behringer myself. Not anymore. I'm using one of their new computer I/O's. It's top notch. I've used Presonus, and Focusrite, and this thing is their equal. Built like a tank too. I'm actually looking to get an x32 rack next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boy some of you guys really get biased in your opinions, just because a item didn't meet your needs does not make the whole line bad!!!!! if that were the case every thing would be bad! even our beloved fractal, yah I said it! I do not mean it though!!!! but you guys say if it tears up it is junk, I have read on this forum that many have had axe fx problems sooooo! I guess Chevy aint no good either they made a lot of crap over the years!!! Harley to!!!hell every thing must be crap!!!!!

I considered Behringer gear to be crap for a long time. I still think that it was crap for a long time. :) That said, I'll echo the sentiment that the more recently designed stuff (e.g., X32 and X-Air mixers) are pretty darn good. They seem to be making compromises in more sensible places with their newer products instead of building junk for the sake of hitting a price point.

Last edited:
Had a Behringer KX1200 kb amp for many years which I used when I was still using the Line 6 Pods. Very solid and reliable. By the same token I've heard numerous horror stories from friends over the years who used their other products.

I have the x32 rack. It's top shelf performance. I've owned a few mixing consoles, including the studiolive and hands down it's my favorite in every aspect. It's totally changed my opinion of the company.

its all junk- there isn't anything they make that for a little bit more money another brand makes a 1000x better version of it. Alesis, Presonus, Art, M-Audio, B52, Samson, all make better stuff at the same price points for all the junk Behringer makes.

Actually wasn't the scenario in my case. I 'was' a big proponent of the Behringer is crap bandwagon. I wanted a rackmount mixer and Presonus seems to make a nice one. Except there was no MIDI implementation until late 2015 and you could 'only' operate the unit via software which is a buzzkill if you lose wifi.

I trusted the opinion of a forum member that knows sound gear to check out the X32 Rack. I found it to be a very high quality rig. Even at the same price it would stack up against the Presonus unit but honestly considering it is hundreds less, can operate from the front panel without wifi and has (functioning) MIDI it's a no brainer.

My only complaint so far is that Fractal has spoiled me on firmware updates and other companies are slow, slow, slow to update.

I am not fully convinced to jump on the Behringer train quite yet but I will say my eyes and mind have been opened.

Behringer did a lot in the past to improve their 'reputation'. Possibly successful, if you read the general tenor of this thread. I wonder why they didn't just re-brand the new high quality product line with the X32 to get rid of the prejudice. Meh, who knows?

I wonder what synergies will spawn from that acquisation. TC electronics and TC helicon offer almost exclusively effects units for vocals and guitars. Effect algorithms and patents?

Last edited:
I wonder what synergies will spawn from that acquisation. TC electronics and TC helicon offer almost exclusively effects units for vocals and guitars. Effect algorithms and patents?
Probably algos if their use of Midas-designed preamps is any indication.

Back
Top Bottom