Music Group aquire TC Group

holy crap! this is absolutely huge! does that mean my x32 will eventually get a g-system as a firmware upgrade? ;)

who knew that BEHRINGER would be the one eating up all the "high end" companies for gear integration haha!! first midas et al, now this.

yamaha buying line 6 was huge too. fender bought kaman (tons of music accessories) a while ago and that shifted things... man what is going on?

I dunno... kinda feels like it could hurt the TC brand now just being attached to Behringer even if nothing in the manufacturing side of it changes.
Which I own a few Behringer products. They are a "gets the job done" kinda thing. Everything has that "almost there ...but not quite" feel to it.

lol this is so funny.

The worst bought one of the best.

It's going to tank fast.

I was always impressed by the quality TC got out of China.

"Behringer is German for Broken"- Jeries Alfreih

the recent behringer gear is actually pretty solid. anything newly designed within the last few years, not things they "still make."

I agree Chris, the new line seems more solid. I'm still waiting on the X-Touch promised for last fall and no real news. I like the "still make" comment! lol

I've had terrible luck with Behringer, several new items that failed quickly and only light usage. It's kept me from trying some of the more recent gear. :(

I've been using an Behringer x32, digital snake, and in ear monitoring system for well 2 years without a single problem. It works and sounds great and cost a ton less than anything else I'm aware of. Gotta give props when they're due...

I've had terrible luck with Behringer, several new items that failed quickly and only light usage. It's kept me from trying some of the more recent gear. :(

It's amazing what a reputation will do to a company not to say they can't change... who knows maybe they have grown beyond it or maybe they have learned from buying other companies that already know how to do it right .

I still use their B3031A Truth studio monitors, but never had much luck with anything else. 14 channel mixer, headphone distribution amp, and effects processor were all pretty noisy. After side by side comparisons with my current hardware, the Behringer stuff was sold.

I'm always willing to try new stuff, but haven't had the need for a while. I'd give them another chance if I came across another piece of gear I needed, but for now I'm set. That said, my experience with their first and second gen products will give me a moment of pause before considering them a serious contender. I'll always compare with other brands to verify quality before I spend $$ on anything with the Behringer name on it.

"Reputation : A life time to build, mere seconds to destroy".

In this case they hurt themselves right out of the gate, and it might be a reputation that's hard to overcome with the more discerning crowd.

our x32 rack has been flawless. wish some ipad updates would come quicker than they do but it has not failed yet.

its all junk-
there isn't anything they make that for a little bit more money another brand makes a 1000x better version of it-

Alesis, Presonus, Art, M-Audio, B52, Samson, all make better stuff at the same price points for all the junk Behringer makes.

I hope this doesn't jinx my behringer cable tester (which is my second because the first one broke)

The only piece of TC gear I have ever owned was a Nova System. I disliked it so much that it prompted me to order an Axe-Fx Ultra. For that, TC will always hold a special place in my heart. 8) :lol

Hmmmmmmmmm you guys realize Behringer is only one of the companies Music Group owns right?

In my experience with B-Products I always had Problems with the mechanical side of their tools like faders, pots and connecting points.
Got a XR18 a few Days ago with just one pot (headphone volume pot) and all other controls via iPad/Laptop/Tablet. Sound quality is awesome (at least Head to head with a presonus Studiolive) and it seems to work rock solid.
IMHO the quality improvements have started with the aquisation of Midas.

I use their cheap linemixer everyday for years and have no problem, it's $80 and handles symetrical signals via xlr/trs. Concurrent products would be $300 without xlrs... B products, when working, are unbeatable for the price.

Back
Top Bottom