Muse Presets

Great band! :)

Pretty sure he has reverted to using multiple Kempers (mostly) and even a Fractal
at times live. He uses profiles of multiple amps. I think it would be damn near
nigh unto impossible to get the massive tones Matt gets with just one amp chain.
He's been blending multiple chains from Kempers and Fractals for years live. Kind of
like Adam Jones from Tool he gets that massive sonic footprint by blending a Marshall
with a Diezel for the dirty stuff. Plenty of Digitech Whammy action and Fuzz on top
in places, too. Also the bass player uses a LOT of dirty/fuzzy tones on the Bass to
create more of that sense of thickness.

With the limitations of the FM3 you can only run one amp at a time, which probably
means the Diezel VH4.

I love Matt's tone/effect selection. Songs like "Hysteria", "Madness", Supermassive Blackhole", etc... amazing sounds.

First time I heard them I couldn't believe how thick and full his tones were. I just knew he was using multiple amps. Next to Dream Theater, my favorite band.
As to copping their sound, a buddy's band, that has a killer live sound, tried to cover Uprising. Epic fail. They just couldn't cut it.

Fantastic player, fantastic guitar tones.
I think their earlier stuff he used a DSL and then later switched to VH4 for Absolution onwards. He doesn't use gobs of gain which in my opinion gives that tight percussive heavy sound. Power amp distortion.
A few months back I actually read that for live shows Matt has his VH4 turned up darn loud in an iso booth with a condenser in front. Obviously they can afford to do this because they only ever play stadiums.

Ideally blending VH4/Marshall with some Vox would be the answer (ahm FM9?)

In any case, I find the VH4 to work well with the UBER V30 IRs to get that tone.
I think his Mills Acoustics cab should also be packed with V30s.

Ideally blending VH4/Marshall with some Vox would be the answer (ahm FM9?)

In any case, I find the VH4 to work well with the UBER V30 IRs to get that tone.
I think his Mills Acoustics cab should also be packed with V30s.
Yeah I’ll just wait for the FM9 at this point lol

Ha ha was just in another thread that got deleted. Bill Bellamy's insane tones topic came up. No easy feat on some stuff I must say. This is my attempt at the synth part for the song Uprising.

Caution! Track is LOUD watch your volume. Need to turn output down in output block 1, keep forgetting.

Ha ha was just in another thread that got deleted. Bill Bellamy's insane tones topic came up. No easy feat on some stuff I must say. This is my attempt at the synth part for the song Uprising.

Caution! Track is LOUD watch your volume. Need to turn output down in output block 1, keep forgetting.

Pretty cool, care to share?

Back
Top Bottom