MURDER THERAPY (if you like GOJIRA, ULCERATE, ISIS, GORGUTS) EP recorded with Axe-Fx

Hey guys,
you can listen, download or preorder a physical copy of our new EP "Molochian" which was recorded with an Axe Fx Ultra (both guitars and bass) on our bandcamp site: Murder Therapy

Let me know what you think!

UPDATE 1/17/2012:

Hey guys, just a quick update.
We uploaded a preview of our new album on youtube, although there still is no release date as we are still looking for a new label.
Check it out:

Most of the weird effects and some of the crunch/clean tones come from my axe fx ultra.

Last edited:
Yeah. I don't quite get the HoP feel either. I definitely feel some old Gojira vibes. Puts me in the mood to go listen to The Link.

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous!

Just started looking into the Axe FX as a potential purchase. I'm absolutely blown away that this EP was done with Axe FX for both guitars and bass. Do you share your patches?

Musically I think your band is great! I don't really listen to any of the bands you referenced other than one Isis record I own from way back so it feels even fresher to my ears. A lot of heavy bands don't grab my attention span like they used to but your first track on your site just sunk into my jawbone like a clean silver meathook and yanked my inner ears closer for a proper attentive listen!!!

Last heavy band I really obsessed over was Discordance Axis for their really abstract riffs that had this amazing relationship with the drums to produce a really profound heaviness, check out their songs Necropolitan or Castration Rite if you're not already a fan, and get the tabs as well it's really great stuff. I like atonal or bitonal riffs where you can't quite place what key it's in, so you can interpret the emotional effect of the music in different ways, some of your chords remind me of that vibe.

Thanks guys, I'm glad you liked the music! Yeah I can share the patches, it's nothing really complicated actually! Das Metall amp sim through 2 cab sims for each track (don't remember which, they're stock cabs though), the bass was done 2 tracks (one clean track with the svt sim and another with more grit using the recto sim!).
I'll post them up in the next few days, I don't have my ultra here right now though.

Larrikin, I love The Link as well! classic album.

Unsilence I'm glad you caught that aspect of our music, you have very good ears! Our new material is certainly more dissonant and left to interpretation (we're recording our second full lenght album in July), when it comes out you should definetely check it out. It's probably more experimental and atmospheric than what you heard on this EP though: here's a video of us playing some songs from the album:

that is some serious stuff!

i have one question. a little offtopic. how did you use the H4N? what did you record into those two lines? bass? kickdrum? the rest is ambience? the guitars sound relatively good on the video mix, great clarity!

that is some serious stuff!

i have one question. a little offtopic. how did you use the H4N? what did you record into those two lines? bass? kickdrum? the rest is ambience? the guitars sound relatively good on the video mix, great clarity!

thanks dude. just the kickdrum went in the inputs, if I remember correctly...the rest was just captured from the microphones on the H4N!

new album

Hey guys, just a quick update.
We uploaded a preview of our new album on youtube, although there still is no release date as we are still looking for a new label.
Check it out:

Most of the weird effects and some of the crunch/clean tones come from my axe fx ultra.

Back
Top Bottom