Multiscale inlay ideas?

Rotti

Fractal Fanatic
I'm looking into having a multiscale built, probably 24.5-25.5" 6-string with a compound radius from 12" at the nut to whatever makes sense depending on the bridge radius...

And I'm trying to come up with some good ideas for an inlay pattern. I don't like blank fretboards or dots, and IMO angled blocks look, well, bad on multiscales, even when the top and bottom sides of the blocks are cut parallel to the centerline.

At the same time, I'm not going for a Daemoness type of crazy... although in most cases his work is nothing short of awesome, it's just way more than I want.

I'm looking for a relatively simple, kinda understated pattern/design that just makes sense on a MS. I'm sort of leaning toward something in the vine family, since it would be easy to include "buds" of some sort that can be positioned in all the usual places as fret markers. Maybe something like the Taylor K24ce island vine?

Searching for multiscale inlay patterns via Google isn't too fruitful. Anyone have any suggestions on where to look, or maybe a particular design I've missed? I'd like to limit the materials to some combination of two or more of the following: MOP, paua heart, flamed koa, and stained/acrylicized figured maple.

Back
Top Bottom