Multiplexer block / Anyone ditching a Expression pedal or two

6L6C

Power User
Curious !

Since the Axe Fx III has that nifty little multiplexer block have any of you got rid of an expression pedal or two?

Reason I ask, have always had two expression pedals one for whatever, and the other pretty much a dedicated wah. The kicker I don’t use wah to much, but like having it there, like a security blanket I guess is the best way to put it. And no, my last name is not Hammett, but there are times I like to channel my inner Michael Schenker.

What’s prompting the thread with the new FC-12 and two EV-1’s this is not going to fit on my current board but have had thoughts about getting rid of one of the expression pedals long before I got the FC-12. Because of the multiplexer block.

Thank you! I think I'll have to experiment with that myself. It just doesn't seem like you would have the control like you do with a pedal. Seems to work okay. I imagine there is a learning period with it.
the main thing is to set the Attack and Release in the modifier appropriately. 100ms for both works for me.

with this method, you can't park the wah, and you can't change the rate that it wahs. but honestly, most people wah the same exact way every time, they just don't realize. way easier to hit a switch than quickly move a pedal as well.

@Larry Mitchell showed me this years ago when he came to Hawaii for an Ibanez demo. instead of traveling with a big pedal, he had a tiny sustain pedal in his axe soft rack case at the time.

omg 10 years ago :O (i'm playing drums). you can hear him wah around 55 seconds. (in retrospect, i wish we discussed some chord progressions haha. this was literally a "hey let's start playing" situation ;) )

most people wah the same exact way every time
Maybe for rhythm stuff? I certainly don't because I use it as tone modifier when soloing with lots of variation in where the sweep just is, or how fast or slow I get to that spot.

It's a cool idea that I'm sure works well for some people.

Maybe for rhythm stuff? I certainly don't because I use it as tone modifier when soloing with lots of variation in where the sweep just is, or how fast or slow I get to that spot.

It's a cool idea that I'm sure works well for some people.
of course. there are always exceptions to anything anyone could possibly describe.

i still think that many people wah the same way all the time without realizing it, for the most part, caveat, YMMV, depending on the situation, sometimes, not always.

the main thing is to set the Attack and Release in the modifier appropriately. 100ms for both works for me.

with this method, you can't park the wah, and you can't change the rate that it wahs. but honestly, most people wah the same exact way every time, they just don't realize. way easier to hit a switch than quickly move a pedal as well.

@Larry Mitchell showed me this years ago when he came to Hawaii for an Ibanez demo. instead of traveling with a big pedal, he had a tiny sustain pedal in his axe soft rack case at the time.

omg 10 years ago :O (i'm playing drums). you can hear him wah around 55 seconds. (in retrospect, i wish we discussed some chord progressions haha. this was literally a "hey let's start playing" situation ;) )

Chris you funk machine! That was really impressive. I love the dude rocking shorts, a tucked in shirt and a massive bass absolutely laying it down too.

Chris you funk machine! That was really impressive. I love the dude rocking shorts, a tucked in shirt and a massive bass absolutely laying it down too.
i literally forgot how to play drums that day too... you know that feeling, when some guy, who is like, really really good, is like... there. like WHY AM I PLAYING WITH HIM OMGZ haha.

i think only in the last year or so i feel like i'm as good a guitarist as i was a drummer, or at least closer to it. i've definitely been more of a drummer most of my life than guitarist. but drum gigs here are a) dumb to get your drums to b) too small to be able to hit the drums c) non-existent. :D

Not ditching any pedals yet... But I just spent the better part of the last hour rearranging my main preset to include the first use of the MUX block.

Now I can quickly toggle (in any scene) between an auto engage Wah block controlled by a pedal, an auto-wah (envelope controller) or a nice lowpass envelope filter to get funky.

Sweet!

I put that 4-5% CPU reduction (from the Drive block improvements) to good use in my kitchen sink preset, which has been renamed to XXL :D

Tomorrow I smell some more fun with FC layouts!

Back
Top Bottom