Multiple guitars and virtual capo

Tplesko

Inspired
Hi all, I have decided to use my III for both of the guitars in our band (lead and rhythm) , and possible even adding the bass player later (pitch only). Two questions:

1) Can I run both (or even 3) inputs into a single Pitch block for virtual capo? We typically tune down 1-2 steps and we do it on a lot of songs.
2) Does anyone have a template patch using multiple guitars? I will also look through the preset sharing forums.

If you have patches or screenshots to share, please do. This is a first for me. Thank you!

-Todd

Hi all, I have decided to use my III for both of the guitars in our band (lead and rhythm) , and possible even adding the bass player later (pitch only). Two questions:

1) Can I run both (or even 3) inputs into a single Pitch block for virtual capo? We typically tune down 1-2 steps and we do it on a lot of songs.
2) Does anyone have a template patch using multiple guitars? I will also look through the preset sharing forums.

If you have patches or screenshots to share, please do. This is a first for me. Thank you!

-Todd

1) No. But there are two Pitch blocks, so you can use one Pitch block in each routing.

2) Use this:

[Input 1] ... [Output 1]

and on a separate row:

[Input 2] ... [Output 2]

Insert all required blocks in each routing.

If you run both guitars into a single pitch block, they'll end up getting condensed into a single signal for the rest of the chain. That means it would be like plugging both into a single amp instead of two different amps.

You might be able to do it if you pan one guitar Right and the other Left, then split the Right and Left into two different amp blocks, but the pitch detector might not behave as nicely trying to -process both guitars at once, since I assume it doesn't process left and right independently but instead reads the whole input and figures out how to apply the pitch correction based on that. You might end up with one guitar pitching properly and the other getting artifacts since it's having the same correction done to a different signal.

Just putting one pitch block on each would give you much better results.

If you run both guitars into a single pitch block, they'll end up getting condensed into a single signal for the rest of the chain. That means it would be like plugging both into a single amp instead of two different amps.

You might be able to do it if you pan one guitar Right and the other Left, then split the Right and Left into two different amp blocks, but the pitch detector might not behave as nicely trying to -process both guitars at once, since I assume it doesn't process left and right independently but instead reads the whole input and figures out how to apply the pitch correction based on that. You might end up with one guitar pitching properly and the other getting artifacts since it's having the same correction done to a different signal.

Just putting one pitch block on each would give you much better results.
Got it, makes sense. Thank you!
1) No. But there are two Pitch blocks, so you can use one Pitch block in each routing.

2) Use this:

[Input 1] ... [Output 1]

and on a separate row:

[Input 2] ... [Output 2]

Insert all required blocks in each routing.
Thanks Yek, makes sense!

Back
Top Bottom