Multiple Guitar Inputs for the Axe

slinky005

Power User
I want to have 3 guitars plugged into the Axe for live performing.
Right now I've got an Electric in front and Acoustic into the rear inputs.
What I need now is a way to have two Electrics plugged in front so when I switch from my Les Paul to my Strat there's no plugging/unplugging involved.
I read a recent post about an ART mixer and it may be the way to go but I don't know if I can get ahold of that unit.
Does anyone else have any other options?
BTW, it's very important that anything I plug into will not affect the signal quality at all.

I have a switch custom made that also transforms my stereo guitar output (magnetic+piezo) in two signal, but as I wrote it's a custom one.

The input is stereo, so i would try to join both mono signals from the guitars and then separate them with a mixer block(hard L and R). But I Dunno if that works...

What about an ABY box? You would probably need an active one because I'm not sure if they are designed specifically for the other direction (i.e. 1 guitar into 2 amps). If you can get one which controls the levels then you might be able to compensate for any losses.

The input is stereo, so i would try to join both mono signals from the guitars and then separate them with a mixer block(hard L and R). But I Dunno if that works...
I don't think the front input jack is stereo, in fact, I don't think any of the 1/4" input jacks are stereo, front or back.

Interesting subject...

I just got delivery of a Carvin TL-60 with piezo, so the 2 outputs could go 1 in the front input, 1 into the rear input & then mix them L & R to taste. Mmm I guess my weekend is gonna be evaporated messing with this cocept!

This AXE FX product really does eat up your hours like a old man on speed! LMAO :shock

Interesting subject...

I just got delivery of a Carvin TL-60 with piezo, so the 2 outputs could go 1 in the front input, 1 into the rear input & then mix them L & R to taste. Mmm I guess my weekend is gonna be evaporated messing with this cocept!

This AXE FX product really does eat up your hours like a old man on speed! LMAO :shock

check out my videos for a tutorial on how to do this. you need to do a few special things.

http://katsukurimedia.selz.com

I have a DOD 270 A\B. Works great-I hear no difference in sound with or without it. It's also passive which I like. I do the volume adjust on the guitars with the gtr vol lnob.

Check the picture below for how a three guitar setup (1 stereo, 2 mono) works, if you want to be able to use all simultanously and mix them individually.

But getting an A/B box might be the easier solution if you just want to swap guitars mid-set.

Vol blocks are used to seperate left and right channels via input select. The two volume blocks at the end of the grid aren't needed if you pan your last block hard left/right.

Attachments

• routing.jpg
    routing.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 21
Have you posted a preset of this on Axe Exchange? I must be doing something wrong because I just can't get it to sound good. I've got one patch set up now but I'm getting a lot of hissing from both speakers when I play the guitars.

The setup I posted makes it so that your instruments remain seperated through the grid, so that all three can be processed individually at the same time. The other two instruments go in In 2 L and R and leave through Out 2 L and R.

You must set the first two vol blocks up that they only take the left or right channel. There's a knob for that on the vol block. There's no real secret to this.

Make sure to disable the preset noisegate when doing this. Instead, use noise gate blocks on the individual rows.

Back
Top Bottom