Multiple computer use?

Hi All!
I just got an xl+ a couple weeks ago and love it by the way. I was wondering if I can download axe edit on multiple computers to use on my xl+ or do I have to use one computer only. The laptop I have is older and I am planning on getting a new one in the near future but not right now and don't want to have problems if I do. Thanks in advance!

Yes, multiple computers are no problem. Note that Block Library and Color Tags in amp and cab views are saved per computer. Those can easily be copied and moved to all computers, but those won't sync automatically.

If you use a file hosting service like DropBox, you can have your block library appear across all computers.

Yes, multiple computers are no problem. Note that Block Library and Color Tags in amp and cab views are saved per computer. Those can easily be copied and moved to all computers, but those won't sync automatically.
Where is the color tags information stored? I do not see it in the blocks folder or another folder...
I am on AX8 version 1.8.7

Last edited:
On Mac it would be in your User folder/Documents/Fractal Audio/Axe-Edit you'll see blocks and presets

You can see where Axe Edit files are saved in Preferences of the app under Workspace. Guess that's where you would change the location if you wanted to use a DropBox link on you Mac as well.

Last edited:
On Mac it would be in your User folder/Documents/Fractal Audio/Axe-Edit you'll see blocks and presets

You can see where Axe Edit files are saved in Preferences of the app under Workspace. Guess that's where you would change the location if you wanted to use a DropBox link on you Mac as well.
I think that’s not the same thing. In Windows, at least, Axe-Edit uses the Workspace, but that’s not where it runs from.

On Mac the actual running Axe-Edit app is in the main Applications folder. But where Library files are stored is as described above.

I am using my iCloud Drive to have my library (blocks presets etc) files stored in a common place and i have two MacBook pros AX8Edit pointing to this common location for the files, but i think i am noticing that when I run AX8Edit from different computers pointing to same library files, that my coloured tags are different for both computers? I don’t have them side by side. So i wondered how i could make them the same.

It could be the holiday egg nog !

Last edited:
My bad. I was still thinking Axe-Edit and multiple Macs having all the same library stuff on all machines. No idea on the color tags. On Mac you can right click an application to show package contents.

I am using my iCloud Drive to have my library (blocks presets etc) files stored in a common place and i have two MacBook pros AX8Edit pointing to this common location for the files, but i think i am noticing that when I run AX8Edit from different computers pointing to same library files, that my coloured tags are different for both computers? I don’t have them side by side. So i wondered how i could make them the same.

It could be the holiday egg nog !
From the release notes:

The Release Notes said:
All assigned colors are saved to a file located in the same directory as the global settings (Mac: <user>/Application Support/Fractal Audio/AX8-Edit/color-assignments.dat ; Windows: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Fractal Audio\AX8-Edit\color-assignments.dat)

From the release notes:
Bingo! Thanks. You have to do CMD + SHIFT + . For MacOS while in the finder app to have this folder show up, but it’s there.

That explains why the tags are not syncing even though i am using a common drive for the other AXEdit settings.
It makes sense as some people would want this behaviour.

Back
Top Bottom