Multiple Cabinets >> Multiple respective Output ??

RajeshW

Hi Fractal Experts, Engineers,

I have a question on a Scenario where on a Preset with Amp >> Cab block which has 4 cabinets (different cabinets with different Mics and positions) is it possible to have there different outputs to record them on the separately on each respective individual tracks ?
hope I am able to explain myself, so far I see that if you have Cab block with multiple cabinets but they all get mixed finally on output 1 and I wish they could be on separate outputs at least on USB.
AXE FX III has given the capability to have 4 cabinets on one cab block, I have a scenario where I am using Dual Amp with Dual Cab block with 3 cabinets each (total 6 cabinets) I wish they could be recorded each separately on DAW (Logic Pro X).
in real life scenario with real amps, each cabinet would have separate mic and separate mic positions and they are recorded either mixed or recorded separately on each different tracks to further edit or mix which a band can sit with the engineer and further edit to their taste.
But in AXE FX III all 8 cabinets will be mixed on output 1 & 2.

Please suggest if you have better solution or solution is already there to handle it on USB or from the Output XLR behind Fractal rack which I am not aware of.
but I am thinking of a solution which is quite cumbersome as below:
To Reamp and mute other cabinets which I don't want and select one cabinet at a time and repeat the process like this for 8 times for 8 cabinets or 4 times for 4 cabinets.

Please tell me if there is a better way or Fractal engineers has already thought about this while providing the provision of max 8 cabinets on AXE FX III which is so amazing.

The FX3 only has two Cab blocks, but each can contain four IRs. Think of them as two physical cabinets with four different speakers and you’ll be closer to what is happening inside the modeler.

The two cabinets can be panned to separate sides of the output and captured by the USB channels in the DAW, or can be routed to separate Out blocks and captured that way. Because of how Cab blocks work they can be positioned last, immediately before the Out blocks, and still have the same effect as they do when they immediately follow the Amp block(s). See the USB information in section 3 in the manual for more information.

If you save a raw guitar track you can re-amp it multiple times and capture those tracks and then it could sound like eight cabinets.

Last edited:
The FX3 only has two Cab blocks, but each can contain four IRs. Think of them as two physical cabinets with four different speakers and you’ll be closer to what is happening inside the modeler.

The two cabinets can be panned to separate sides of the output and captured by the USB channels in the DAW, or can be routed to separate Out blocks and captured that way. Because of how Cab blocks work they can be positioned last, immediately before the Out blocks, and still have the same effect as they do when they immediately follow the Amp block(s). See the USB information in section 3 in the manual for more information.

If you save a raw guitar track you can re-amp it multiple times and capture those tracks and then it could sound like eight cabinets.
Thanks Greg for looking into my concern / query, that really helped understand the concept and how to further apply to my scenario.

Regards,
Rajesh

Back
Top Bottom